Chapter 27

When I opened my eyes again, the dazzling sunlight was pouring down. Do-yoon wasn't even in the room. I was lying on my back, taking over someone else's bed as if it were my own. When I looked at the clock, it was 7:30 in the morning.

'Crazy... Didn't you just sleep for almost twelve hours?'

Do-yoon, who leaves home at seven, had already arrived at school. I felt a little guilty and grabbed my messy hair. It was fortunate that Do-yoon had left, but if I had run into him now, I would have been embarrassed. I walked out of Do-yoon's room with my hair like a new house.

But as soon as I opened the door, I ran into Seunghee, who was coming up to the second floor wearing casual clothes and holding a cup of coffee. Seunghee looked at me and made a very strange face.

"Why are you coming out of there?"

I swallowed, momentarily taken aback. The answer to my question came to mind.

Yesterday, my great father's mistress sent me a picture, and my mother got mad because of it and said something bad to Doyoon, so I went in to calm him down and didn't even realize that the kid was leaving, and I was sleeping soundly by myself and just now I woke up...

I decided to just smile broadly.

"I drank."

Then Seunghee looked at me with a disgusted expression. I tried to ignore her expression and asked back.

"...Why didn't you go to work?"

Then Seunghee clicked her tongue and said, "Tsk tsk."

"Today is Saturday."

"Really?"

Then where did Doyoon go since this morning? Did he run away because I snored?! If that's the case, I'm so sorry... My face turned serious.

Meanwhile, Seunghee looked at me pitifully, who was continuing to make various expressions with her head turned into a magpie's nest. Then, she suddenly let out a huge sigh as if the ground was collapsing.

"Until when will you... . No."

But that was an incredible way of speaking that made it sound like I had heard what was said without even hearing it. It was so effective that I, who was lost in thought, flinched.

To be honest, I felt a little wronged, but I didn't want to explain yesterday's noisy incident in detail and make Do-yoon's situation more awkward. And even if I said that I comforted Do-yoon, Seung-hee wouldn't believe me anyway.

"Come for a moment."

But then she suddenly nodded to me. When I followed Seunghee and sat down on the sofa, she put her coffee cup down on the table. Then she crossed her arms and stared at me for a while before blurting out a word.

"... Are you serious about what you asked me to do back then?"

"What?"

"I'm talking about Haewon E&M."

My eyes suddenly opened to a topic I had forgotten about for a moment. I immediately focused my eyes and answered.

"Of course."

Then she took something out of the pocket of the pants she was wearing. It was a small black USB.

"I did what I could. If you fail after seeing this, you're a loser."

"... ... !"

I woke up with a start, and it felt like I had been splashed with ice water. I had laid the groundwork before, but I never thought Seunghee would move this quickly. Seeing that she had the USB with her at this time, it seemed like she had planned to give it to me today even if we hadn't met just now.