Chapter 38

"No, not really. You're ugly."

"Lie."

I don't know when he became so sly. In the past, if someone called him ugly, he would cry and run away... In the original work, when Ji-an said, "Do-yoon is so pretty," Choi Do-yoon's ears would turn red. I gave him serious advice.

"Don't do that in front of girls, okay? They say it's bad luck."

Do-yoon's pure charm had to be preserved until he met Bae Ji-an. The male protagonist is not this kind of sly character. Then, Do-yoon suddenly turned away from me with a face that had lost all steam.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"It's better if you don't do it."

"Brother, don't go around doing things like that."

"What am I doing?"

"You just go around being nice to everyone."

I felt a little wronged. How can I do such a good job when I haven't even started work yet?

★ ★ ★

The atmosphere of the company I first started working at was better than I thought. In fact, I was worried about what I would do on the first day, but it seemed like the schedule for the next two months was to take classes in a group setting in the first-floor auditorium, like in school.

First of all, I liked the fact that it wasn't a strict suit-wearing atmosphere like Seunghee's company. The sight of people who all looked the same rushing out in front of Haewon Trading was still vividly etched in my mind.

In addition, the members were much younger than that. I will have to work there to see if they really have a new generation vibe, but just looking at them, they really did seem like leaders of a new culture, just like they were shouting.

There was no one particularly bad or particularly good among my peers. Since we were all around the same age anyway, there was no difficulty in talking. After the boring morning training, I had lunch with five people from the same team. Everyone exchanged compliments and compliments with smiles in a friendly atmosphere to get to know each other. It was a familiar social scene.

"Ah-young, you did a really good job presenting earlier. Your voice was clear to hear. Did you ever prepare to be an announcer before?"

When the man wearing glasses sitting across from me spoke to the long-haired woman next to him, the one being complimented waved her hand in embarrassment and said:

"No, no. I just did some broadcasting in college..."

"Wow, that's right. It's an honor to be in the same group. I don't have to worry about our group's announcements in the future."

"No, what did I say...?"

There was some confusion as to whether he was free riding or flirting during the group project. However, judging from the man's face, it seemed more like flirting. I didn't join in on the conversation and just ate my meal in silence. Then another woman with short hair spoke.

"But you're saying that I can still get a salary even if I work like this? As expected from a large company... ."

Then another man next to me answered instead. He had pomade on his head.

"But they say that only 80 percent of them come out during the training period."

I nodded silently. Even so, it was honestly a huge benefit. Thinking back to when I used to work an hour a day as an assistant director, the current situation was embarrassing. Then, the man wearing glasses across from me who had been flirting with the long-haired woman a moment ago spoke.