Chapter 17

Unlike last time, the teacher greeted me with a bright face. When I was convinced that it was not a bad topic, my expression became a little relaxed. I sat down in a small, neatly decorated interview room, facing my homeroom teacher. The scent of mixed coffee on the table was sweet. The teacher spoke to me first.

"I took a mock exam a while ago."

"Ah yes."

It was the day I got hurt. I remember yelling at Do-yoon, and a bitter feeling came over me for a moment. The teacher said.

"As you know, Doyoon is very good at studying."

"Haha, that's... Right?"

I smiled awkwardly even though I knew everything. My shoulders straightened for no reason even though I hadn't taught him anything. As expected, Do-yoon's report card that the teacher showed on the monitor had a grade of 1 in every subject.

'Wow....'

"These are the most recent mock test scores I've taken, but my internal grades are all top-tier as well."

I knew it, but I was a little taken aback because I had never seen a report card like this before. This is the kind of score a person can achieve.

As I stood there blankly, admiring the majestic procession of 1s, the teacher asked cautiously.

"By the way, are you planning on sending Doyoon to study abroad?"

"Yes?"

I was embarrassed. In the original, Do-yoon goes to S University in Korea.

"Why are you suddenly asking that?"

"Because Doyoon doesn't seem interested in going to college."

I burned my tongue on the mixed coffee I was drinking. The teacher said with a slightly embarrassed expression.

"I've counseled her several times, but she said she doesn't want to go to college... To be exact, she said she doesn't have anything she wants to study, but I was wondering if you've already said everything at home."

No, that would be impossible. In the first place, there are no adults who talk like this with Do-yoon.

I was momentarily dumbfounded. My eyes turned back to Do-yoon's report card, which was filled with 1s. No, if there was nothing you wanted to learn in college, why did you study so hard? Was it really your goal to achieve self-actualization and academic pursuit? Is this how a model student rebels? I was so embarrassed that I couldn't say anything. The teacher asked again.

"Or are you thinking about something else like arts and physical education?"

... Hmm? Do-yoon graduated from S University's department of something and was going to become the head of Haewon Electronics. I don't know what department he's going to, but I'm sure it's not arts and physical education. I answered him with an awkward smile.

"I guess our Doyoon has talent in arts and physical education, too?"

"I'm also quite good at music and art. And of course, I'm also good at sports."

I asked just in case, and the answer came back as if it was obvious. Choi Do-yoon had fraudulent stats. But with these abilities, not going to college... I personally couldn't accept it, regardless of the flow of the original story.

My father's business failed, and I was living in a single room, but my mother insisted and insisted that I graduate from a four-year university. At the time, I thought it would be better to get a job as soon as possible, but when I actually entered society, I couldn't help but be grateful for my mother's choice.