Chapter 43

I was a little surprised.

"Do-yoon, have you been here like this since a while ago?"

The table still had the food that had been set earlier. No, to be exact, there was only food left for one person.

"Have you been waiting for me?"

"Hyung... . Ah, this is just. I was going to eat it, but I haven't cleaned it up yet."

But despite all that, there was still food in front of Do-yoon. I quickly scanned the table with my eyes and spoke naturally.

"Really? I thought it was mine. I'm hungry because I only drank coffee with my mom."

"Hey, haven't you had dinner?"

"Huh."

"Then eat this! Actually, I didn't clean it up because I thought you might not eat it... Oh, no. Just wait a moment. I'll reheat it for you right away."

Do-yoon suddenly stood up in a hurry and spoke with a bright expression. However, anyone could tell that the bright expression was forced. I grabbed his arm.

"Do-yoon, it's okay. Sit down for a moment."

"I can just microwave this...."

"What did mother say to you?"

For a moment, Do-yoon's movements stopped.

"Nothing, she didn't say anything."

So that means he said something. It probably wasn't a blessing.

"Don't worry too much about what mother says. You know? Sometimes, mother... has trouble controlling her emotions because of father."

"No, she really didn't say anything."

"really?"

I held onto Do-yoon and looked into his brown eyes as I spoke. Eventually, the child avoided eye contact and spoke.

"Just, how long will I be able to live with you, hyung...?"

Surprisingly, it was a really normal question. I patted Do-yoon on the shoulder and spoke in a much lighter voice.

"What, you can live as long as you want to live."

"... But, you originally planned to live alone, right? I forced you to let me live here. Aren't you annoyed?"

Do-yoon's face was tense as he said that. But that was really a needless worry.

Do-yoon did all the housework, including cooking, to the point where I felt embarrassed. Even if I had someone to do the housework, if I had lived alone, I would not have been able to live such a regular and healthy life.

Since Do-yoon always made dinner, I would come home and eat unless something came up, and on weekends, we would watch movies, go for walks, and go to exhibitions together, so I never had time to be bored. Now that I think about it, it's a bit embarrassing.

"You must be annoyed. Come to think of it, I don't have anything to do at home. Sorry."

"I'm really okay. As long as you're okay... I want to keep living with you."

I smiled happily. I said, patting the child's head.

"Okay, just live until you get married."

At that moment, Do-yoon's eyes shook greatly.

"Yes...."

He smiled weakly, then stood up quietly and walked towards the microwave.

★ ★ ★