Chapter 41

The way he spoke sounded strange, and I was unnecessarily startled. The guy spoke in an awkward, embarrassed tone that didn't suit him.

"Anyway, I studied hard so as to not to disappoint you hyung. Choi Do-yoon taught me well, but my motivation was because of hyung."

This guy is talking so shamefully while eating. I feel a little embarrassed.

"Hey, that's fine. If you want to repay me, don't do anything dangerous later."

"What's dangerous?"

Hearing what the guy said, I suddenly remembered the original story.

"Anything related to criminal activity."

Now, there was no way that Yoo Hyeong-ju would get stabbed and collapse in front of Do-yoon's officetel, but I still thought that I wouldn't feel so good if Do-yoon's friend got into trouble. Then, Hyeong-ju looked at me with a surprised expression.

"Actually, among the older brothers I've known for a long time... There were a few people who asked me to work with them."

"What happened?"

The guy trailed off a bit.

"... I said I couldn't do it because I had to go to school."

"Maybe a private loan?"

When I asked with glaring eyes, Yu Hyeong-ju was startled.

"Hyung, can you really read faces?"

"Never do private loans. You'll get stabbed. Never, do you understand? Not just private loans, but illegal gambling, money lending, whatever it is, never ever do that."

At that moment, Do-yoon, who had gone to the bathroom, came back. He looked at my somewhat serious face and asked.

"What is absolutely not allowed?"

"... We were just talking for a moment about Hyeong-ju's future."

Then Do-yoon suddenly leaned his face on my shoulder and said.

"Now please worry about my future too."

"That thing, that vomit-producing kid."

Hyeong-ju immediately made a show of being angry. This kid is eating... When I scolded Hyeong-ju in an exaggerated tone, the kid quietly shut his mouth. However, Do-yoon's words were true. Who here would worry about the future of who... But at that moment, Hyeong-ju suddenly said.

"Hyung was worried that you might be a loner at school and have no friends."

"What?"

Do-yoon suddenly lifted himself off my shoulder and looked at Yu Hyeong-ju. I was incredibly flustered.

"No, when did I ever say that?"

"Anyway, that's true. I'm worried that I won't be able to make friends when I go to college."

Then Do-yoon looked at me with a dumbfounded expression.

"Is it true?"

"No, it's just... I heard that the MT wasn't fun this time either. I'll take care of everything for you."

Then Do-yoon suddenly let out a loud sigh.

"I didn't know you cared so much about that. Don't worry."

Then he suddenly picked up his phone and showed me his CocoaTalk list. There were numerous messages from 'unsaved contacts'. The numbers in the red circles that I hadn't checked went over a page. Looking at them roughly, most of them were trivial greetings like 'Did you get home okay?', 'Did you eat?', 'What are you doing?'. Do-yoon looked at me and said.