Chapter 46

For a moment, I thought Do-yoon's eyes were going to pop out.

"Oh, oh, no?! I never thought of that. I never... I never even imagined that."

"... Okay, I see. Or maybe not."

I hesitated for a moment and then said.

"After hearing what your friend said earlier, I thought about it and I thought that maybe you had something like that in mind... A sense of distance, or something like that."

Then Do-yoon said with a bright red face.

"What distance do I have from you, hyung?"

"Okay."

If not, then keep it that way. Suddenly, the conversation stopped, and we just ate cotton candy in silence. But after a while, Do-yoon glanced at me and said.

"But hyung... what would you think if I said something?"

"I guess that's just how it is."

To be honest, I'm not that happy about it. The age difference between us is seven years. And if I think about my actual age, it's eleven years. And even if we exclude the age difference, Do-yoon just looks like a child to me. I'm exaggerating a bit, but I raised him. Suddenly, I felt playful and smiled.

"If you want to do it, go ahead and do it."

"... Ah, no... hey."

Do-yoon barely managed to say that, and after a moment of blushing all the way to his neck, he added in a very small voice, "... y." I almost burst out laughing for a moment, but I bit my lips hard, fearing that Do-yoon would feel embarrassed.

During the festival, the university campus was full of youth and energy. Afterwards, we walked around the wide campus in a refreshing mood, and barely managed to get home after fighting off the endless crowds of people who invited us to visit bars and participate in games.

★ ★ ★

As the end of August approached, the sweltering heat began to ease. Meanwhile, Do-yoon's grades for the first semester of his freshman year were A+ in all subjects. He has a mind that is like a monster no matter when you look at him. He is not only smart, but also persistent and has a clear sense of purpose. As expected of a male protagonist.

As expected, Do-yoon received a full scholarship, and when his grandfather heard the news, he added a zero to the amount of the scholarship Do-yoon received and sent it to him as pocket money. He must have been quite happy.

What was a bit unexpected was Do-yoon's reaction. He had a hobby of taking me to expensive restaurants and performances, saying that he had made money legally. He even tried to choose only the most expensive couple sofa seats or couple bed seats, saying that he didn't need the employee discount movie tickets. When I couldn't stand it anymore and told him to stop acting like a third generation chaebol, he finally gave up and restrained himself.

I honestly thought Do-yoon would live indifferently without spending a single penny of his grandfather's money. In the original, he received a scholarship yet earned his living expenses by tutoring. Even though he knew it was a meaningless rebellion, Do-yoon's stubbornness was firm.

'But are your emotions still a bit damaged to the point where you don't refuse the money your grandfather gives you?'

Whatever it was, it was a good thing that Do-yoon's feelings toward Haewon were relieved even a little. I quickly cleaned up my desk and got up from my seat as soon as it was time to leave work. Today was the day I planned to go see a musical with Do-yoon. Unlike movies, musicals are hard to get into if you go too late, so I had to plan my timing especially well.