Chapter 13

As we waited for our food order, another waiter signalled me from across the restaurant.

I glanced over and saw him holding a bouquet of white tulips and the necklace, just like the ones I had ordered earlier.

Earlier, I had checked their website and noticed they also sell bouquets and accessories.

I had ordered white tulips and a necklace for Cassi.

"I'll be right back," I told Cassi, standing up from our table.

Her brow furrowed in confusion. "Where are you going?"

"Just need to grab something," I replied with a secretive smile.

I approached the waiter and received the bouquet and necklace.

As I examined the necklace, a smile crept across my face.

I tucked it into my pocket, planning to give it to Cassi later.

Returning to our table, I saw Cassi staring at me, curiosity written all over her face.

"What's that?" she asked, nodding towards the bouquet.

I placed it in front of her. "A little surprise," I said, giving her a playful wink.

Her eyes widened with surprise and delight as she looked at the tulips.

"Kalix, you're full of surprises," she murmured, her voice filled with warmth.

She leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. "Thank you. This is so sweet."

"It's nothing compared to you," I replied, brushing a stray strand of hair from her face.

Not long after, our food came.

I casually mentioned our plan to head to the beach afterwards—it was just behind the restaurant.

Cassi's eyes lit up with excitement upon hearing this.

"Stargazing tonight?" she asked eagerly, a smile playing on her lips as she sipped her drink.

"Yeah," I replied, glancing out the window at the fading daylight. "The sky should be clear, perfect for it."

She nodded, her enthusiasm contagious. "I can't wait. It's been ages since we did something like this."

I chuckled, remembering our last beach stargazing session. "Yeah, remember that shooting star we saw?"

Cassi's eyes sparkled with the memory. "Of course! That was such a magical night."

"Well, tonight might just top it," I said with a smile. "Let's finish up here so we can head over."

After a satisfying meal and laughter-filled conversation, I paid the bill and made our way towards the beach.

The salty breeze greeted us as we stepped onto the sand, the sky gradually darkening above us.

Cassi glanced up at the stars beginning to appear.

"It's starting," she whispered, her voice filled with wonder.

I nodded, silently grateful for her company.

"Yeah, let's find a good spot," I said.

As we walked further along the beach, I noticed Cassi's struggle with her heels sinking into the soft sand.

Sensing her discomfort, I gently took her hand and stopped.

"Let me help you with those," I said softly, kneeling to offer her a piggyback ride instead.

Cassi looked surprised for a moment, then burst into laughter. "Seriously? Okay, but you better not drop me!"

I grinned and straightened up, letting her hop onto my back.

"Hang on tight," I chuckled, feeling her arms wrap securely around my shoulders.

"Where should we go, Cassi?" I asked playfully, taking a few steps in one direction before abruptly turning another.

Cassi giggled. "Kalix, just go straight ahead! We're not here to explore the entire coastline tonight."

I smiled mischievously, picking up the pace a bit more. "But Cassi, the night is young! Who knows what adventures await us?"

She laughed even harder, her fingers gripping my shoulders. "You're incorrigible, you know that?"

"Guilty as charged," I replied, veering left and then right, deliberately making our route a zigzag along the shore.

"Okay, okay," Cassi managed between giggles, "I surrender! Just get us to that spot so we can relax."

Her laughter continued to ring out behind me, filling me with a warmth that matched the glow of the moon.

"You know, this is surprisingly romantic," she remarked, her voice soft.

"I'm glad you think so," I replied warmly, finally reaching the spot.

Before setting her down gently on the sand, I placed my handkerchief down to ensure she wouldn't get any sand on her clothes.

Cassi adjusted herself, sitting comfortably beside me as we leaned back, looking up at the emerging stars.

"Thank you for making tonight so special, Kalix," Cassi said softly, her eyes meeting mine under the starlit sky.

"It's my pleasure," I replied sincerely, feeling a deep connection with her in that serene moment.

My heart raced, the waves softly crashing against the shore.

I had been waiting for this moment, planning every word I wanted to say to her.

"I have something for you," I said, nervously pulling out a small box from my pocket.

Cassi looked at me, curiosity sparkling in her eyes.

"Open it," I whispered, my voice barely above a breath.

Her fingers trembled slightly as she lifted the lid.

Inside lay a delicate necklace, its pendant two intertwined rings, each engraved with our names. A promise rings.

Recognition dawned in her eyes, the realization of what they symbolized.

"Cassi," I began, kneeling beside her, taking her hands in mine. "I'm not in a rush, nor do I want you to feel pressured. I just need you to know that I never want to let you go. You're everything to me, and I'm grateful beyond words for having you in my life."

"I know our relationship has just started and it's too early for this," I continued, my gaze unwavering. "But I need you to understand, I want you to be mine, completely. I want us to share our dreams, to build a future together."

Her eyes widened, and I could see the depth of emotion swirling within them.

"Together," I repeated, the word heavy with promise. "For eternity."

With gentle care, I took the necklace from its box and clasped it around her neck, my fingers brushing against her skin, igniting a spark between us.

Her fingers traced the intricate design, lingering over the engraved names.

"Kalix," she finally murmured, her voice trembling, "they're beautiful."

"They're us," I said softly, my heart pounding with every word. "Bound together."

Cassi looked up at me, her eyes filled with love and vulnerability.

"I love you," she said, her voice breaking.

Pulling her close, I held her tightly.

"I love you too, Cassi," I whispered, my lips brushing against her forehead before finding hers once more, sealing our promises with a kiss.