Chapter 18

The next morning, the sky was a brilliant blue, with the lingering traces of yesterday’s rain having cleared away.

Cassi and I decided to make the most of the sunny day by exploring the city and picking up souvenirs for our families.

We strolled hand-in-hand down the bustling streets, enjoying the warmth of the sun on our faces.

Our first stop was a souvenir shop filled with trinkets and keepsakes.

We browsed through the shelves, each item sparking a new conversation.

“Look at this,” Cassi said, holding up a delicate hand-painted ornament. “I think this would be perfect for my mom.”

I glanced at the ornament and nodded. “Good choice. It’s really beautiful. I’m sure she’ll love it.”

We continued to pick out gifts, and I couldn’t help but enjoy watching Cassi’s excitement as she selected items for her family.

Her enthusiasm was infectious, and it made the experience even more special.

After shopping, we headed to a nearby arcade.

The sound of cheerful music and the clinking of coins filled the air as we entered.

Cassi’s eyes lit up with excitement as she spotted her favourite games.

“Let’s start with the claw machine!” she exclaimed, pulling me toward it.

We approached the claw machine, and Cassi eagerly tried her luck but didn’t quite manage to win the prize.

I took over and, with a bit of skill and luck, managed to snag a cute plushie from the prize area.

I handed the plushie to Cassi with a triumphant grin.

“Here you go,” I said. “Thought you’d like this one.”

Cassi took the plushie and hugged it tightly, her face lighting up with delight.

“It looks like you,” she said with a laugh. “Well, maybe not exactly, but it’s definitely got your smile.”

I chuckled, leaning in closer. “Oh, I’m way more handsome than this plushie.”

Cassi giggled and kissed the plushie on its fuzzy cheek. “It’s still adorable, just like you.”

I raised an eyebrow playfully. “What about my kiss?”

Cassi laughed, giving me a teasing look. “Well, we’ll have to see about that. Your kiss is for later.”

She grinned at my feigned disappointment, clearly enjoying the playful banter.

I laughed at her reaction, and she grabbed my hand, leading me toward the photo booth.

“We need some pictures to remember today,” Cassi said excitedly.

We squeezed into the small booth, and the camera flashed as we posed together.

Cassi leaned in and kissed my cheek, her affection evident in the sweet gesture.

I responded by capturing her lips in a tender kiss, and the camera flashed again, freezing the moment of intimacy.

We pulled away, our faces flushed and smiling as we reviewed the prints.

“Look at us,” I said, laughing. “We look like a couple of goofballs.”

Cassi giggled as she examined the photos. “We do, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

We split the photo strip, each taking a copy, and continued to laugh at our playful poses.

The memories of the day were perfectly captured in those snapshots, and I cherished the joy and closeness we shared.