Chapter 12

At that moment, Cassi and I were fully immersed in our task, huddled over the sketch like it held the secrets to the universe.

She wielded the pencil with a finesse that amazed me, every stroke deliberate and precise.

Meanwhile, I sat beside her, wearing my glasses as I focused intently on transferring our vision onto the laptop screen.

We collaborated closely on the calculations to ensure the bridge met all its requirements in terms of mass and dimensions.

"Kalix, do you think this arch should be a bit more curved?" Cassi's voice broke through my concentration, her brow furrowed in contemplation as she adjusted the lines on the sketch.

I leaned in closer, the frames of my glasses catching the light as I studied the curves she meticulously crafted.

"Hmm, maybe just a tad more," I suggested, my voice softening as I admired her skill. "It needs to be strong yet graceful, you know?"

Cassi nodded thoughtfully, her eyes narrowing slightly as she visualized the adjustments.

"I agree. We want it to be both aesthetically pleasing and structurally sound. What if we extend this support beam here?" Her finger hovered over a section of the paper, outlining her idea.

Impressed by her insight, I smiled. "That could distribute the weight more evenly. Good observation, Cassi."

"Kalix, you look even more handsome when you wear your glasses," Cassi teased, a mischievous glint in her eye.

I chuckled softly, feeling a warmth spread through me. "Oh really? Maybe I should wear them more often then."

Cassi smiled, her cheeks dimpling slightly. "Definitely. It adds a touch of intellectual charm."

Her playful comments sparked a gentle flirtation between us, and as the afternoon progressed, our interactions became more intimate.

"Kalix," Cassi murmured, her voice dipping lower, "what do you think about this detail here?"

I met her gaze, my own eyes filled with admiration and something more.

Leaning in, I couldn't resist the urge to let my lips brush softly against hers, savouring the moment of closeness.

"I think you're amazing," I whispered, my thumb gently caressing her hand as our fingers intertwined.

Cassi's breath caught slightly, a smile playing on her lips as she leaned into my touch.

"And this design?" she prompted, her voice teasing yet filled with a hint of longing.

"It's perfect," I replied, my voice husky with desire. "Just like you."

"Let's take a break. Come here for a moment," I suggested, my tone laced with a mix of playfulness and a deeper longing.

Cassi smiled mischievously but didn't hesitate to comply.

She settled onto my lap, her hair cascading down her back in waves.

I couldn't resist running my fingers through it, gently braiding it as I marvelled at its softness.

"You did such a great job today," I murmured, my hands drifting to her shoulders to knead away the tension of the day. "I'm so lucky to have you as my partner."

"Uhh, Kalix." She said with affection as she leaned back against me, enjoying the massage. "And I'm lucky to have you."

I pressed a kiss to her temple, inhaling her sweet scent.

"Tonight, I'll treat you to something nice," I promised, my voice low and intimate. "How about dinner outside?"

Cassi turned to look at me, a radiant smile spreading across her face.