Chapter 7

The next day, Cassi and I arrived at school, ready for another day of classes.

As we were heading to our first period, Mr. Smith, our professor for one of our subjects, approached us.

"Mr. Callahan, Ms. Dawson, can I have a word with you?" Mr. Smith asked, gesturing for us to follow him to his office.

Once inside, Mr. Smith explained, "There's a bridge-building competition happening outside the school, and you two have been selected to represent our institution."

My eyes lit up with excitement, while Cassi looked slightly nervous but intrigued.

"The competition lasts for five days, and you'll need to stay there for a week since the location is quite far. You'll be leaving on Sunday, and the competition starts on Monday," Mr. Smith continued. "I want you both to prepare everything you need by tomorrow, which is Saturday. Here's a list of materials you'll need to buy that aren't provided by the competition, as well as a layout of the place."

I nodded eagerly. "We'll make sure to get everything ready, Mr. Smith."

Cassi smiled, feeling reassured by my confidence. "We'll do our best."

The next morning, we were early at the mall to buy the supplies we needed for the competition.

We navigated through various stores, ticking off items from our list.

After ensuring we had everything, we decided to grab a bite to eat at a restaurant in the mall.

While we were eating, Cassi looked up from her plate. "Kalix, do you mind if I go shopping for a bit after we finish here? Although I feel bad because you'll just be waiting and watching me shop. I don't want you to get bored but please come with me."

I chuckled, shaking my head. "Don't worry about it, Cassi. As long as I'm with you, I'll enjoy myself."

Cassi smiled, relieved. "Okay, thanks. I promise I won't take too long."

After finishing our meal, I insisted on paying for our food.

We left the restaurant and headed towards the clothing stores.

Cassi immediately made a beeline for the dress section, picking out several designs she liked.

She turned to me, a playful glint in her eyes. "Can you wait outside the fitting room and tell me how these look on me?"

I nodded, taking a seat outside the fitting rooms. "Of course, I'd be happy to."

Cassi disappeared into one of the fitting rooms, and soon enough, she emerged wearing a beautiful floral dress.

She did a small twirl, looking at me expectantly. "What do you think?"

My eyes widened with admiration. "You look stunning, Cassi. It suits you perfectly."

Blushing slightly, Cassi returned to the fitting room to try on another dress.

This process repeated several times, with Cassi modelling different outfits and me offering my enthusiastic approval each time.

After trying on a few more dresses, Cassi sighed, looking at the pile she had chosen. "I guess I'll just get these. They all look good, according to you."

I smiled. "That's because you look amazing in everything, Cassi."

Cassi laughed, "You're just saying that."

"No, really," I insisted. "I love how you dress yourself. You always pick outfits that show your personality and confidence. Even though you like wearing short dresses, I respect that. It's how you express yourself and you look great in them. I would never want you to change your style for anyone, especially not for me."