Chapter 22

After returning to our room, I turned to Cassi with a smile.

"How about I cook dinner for us tonight?" I suggested. "I know you must be a bit tired from the competition. You can rest for a bit, and then wear a dress for later."

"A dress?" she asked, curiosity piqued. "Why?"

"It's a secret," I replied with a wink.

She rolled her eyes playfully but agreed. "Alright, I'll take a nap."

While she rested in the bedroom, I busied myself in the small kitchen, planning a romantic dinner to celebrate our victory.

I started with an appetizer of bruschetta, then moved on to the main course: a perfectly cooked steak with roasted vegetables.

For dessert, I prepared a rich chocolate mousse.

I arranged the table on the balcony, setting the mood with the street lights below and a starlit sky above, making it a perfect setting for a romantic dinner.

I lit candles, poured red wine into glasses, and played soft romantic music in the background.

To add a special touch, I had ordered a bouquet of white tulips online earlier.

Cassi loved flowers.

I knew how much they would mean to her and how they would add to the romantic atmosphere I was trying to create.

The delivery was fast; the doorbell rang; I quickly tipped the delivery guy and placed the bouquet on the table.

Once everything was ready, I took a quick shower and dressed in nice clothes.

By the time I emerged, I knew Cassi would be awake.

It wasn't long before she walked out of the bedroom, stunning in a red backless silk dress.

My heart skipped a beat; she looked incredibly hot and sexy.

I could feel my body react immediately; the sight of her in that dress made my heart race and my desire surge.

I took her hand, kissed the back of it, and guided her to the balcony.

She looked around, surprised.

"Did you do all this?" she asked, her eyes wide with amazement.

I chuckled. "Yes, I did."

I handed her the flowers and kissed her cheek. "Thank you for being such an amazing partner."

She looked at me with gratitude. "Thank you for being so sweet and such a gentleman."

I helped her into her seat before sitting across from her.

We began to eat, and Cassi commented on my cooking, her praise making me smile.

"This is so good, as always," she said between bites.

I couldn't help but feel proud. "I'm glad you like it."

As we enjoyed our meal, she looked at me thoughtfully. "When we go back home, can we continue what we're doing now? I've started getting used to having you around all the time."

I reached across the table and took her hand. "Yes, we can. Now that we're in a relationship, there are even more moments we can share."

She smiled, her eyes shining with emotion. "I love that idea."

I leaned in, a playful grin on my face. "By the way, I need to apologize for something."

She raised an eyebrow, curious. "Oh? What for?"

"I'm sorry I couldn't tell you how beautiful, sexy, and hot you looked earlier when you emerged from the bedroom," I said, teasingly. "I was too stunned to speak."

Cassi blushed, laughing softly. "Forgiven."

"Thank you," I replied and smiled at her.

I picked up my wine glass, and Cassi did the same, taking a sip of the rich red liquid.

The taste was smooth and intoxicating, much like the moment we were sharing.

I watched her lips as she sipped, and when she set her glass down, I leaned in across the table to kiss her, tasting the wine on her lips.

Then, with a sudden movement, I held and moved her chair closer to mine.

Cassi gasped at the unexpected gesture, her eyes wide with surprise.

Once she was right next to me, I leaned in again and kissed her, this time with more intensity.

Our tongues intertwined, and the kiss became wild and passionate, a celebration of our love and the deep connection we shared.

As we pulled away, breathless and smiling, I looked into her eyes and felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude and joy.

"I love you, Cassi," I whispered, my voice filled with emotion.

"I love you too, Kalix," she replied, her voice equally tender.

"You know," I murmured, my voice low and filled with desire, "that dress is driving me crazy."

Cassi giggled, her fingers lightly tracing my jawline. "I wore it just for you."

I smiled.

"And I'm very glad you did," I said, feeling my body respond even more to the closeness and the sight of her in that sexy dress. "It's making me very hard to focus on anything else."

Her eyes sparkled with mischief.

"Good," she whispered, leaning in to kiss me once more, deepening our connection and making the moment even more unforgettable.