chapter twelve

~so the story will sound familiar now and get i hope interesting now. Ill get to it so i hope you enjoy~

Its been about a week since hughes died. Its not been as cheerful and happy around. Edward is blaming himself for this and its making him hurt himself more.

"y/n come on. Roy has a job for us. Im ready for it and im not stopping till whoever killed hughes has suffered for what they did." He stares me down and i walk out.

"will this one be fun?" I ask smiling.

"maybe. Its the most serious in a very long time." We walk into roys office and hes staring out the window.

"fullmetal. I assume your ready now?" He turns around.

"yes. I am." He smiles.

"you better keep my sister safe edward. Or youll be the next to die." He hands edward papers and turns back around. "now go."

We walk out and all i can think about is telling everyone about how i dont show half of my true potential.

I didnt want to tell mustang but before i came here i was training with a teacher for a very long time. I was just starting out when mom had died.

-flashback-

"this is the final thing i can teach you that every teacher must teach their students. I will keep you on this island till i think you have the answer to my question." Teacher said taking me to an island far away from home.

"yes teacher. I understand." I replied shyly.

"there is no alchemy involved. If i find out that you have used the least bit. I will not let you leave this island. Same goes for if you fail to have an answer. If you pass this you will be able to challenge me in an alchemy fight together."

"yes teacher."

"when i get back i will ask you why you wanted to learn alchemy and what does one is all, all is one mean." She stopped the boat and i got off.

"ok." I replied looking back at her.

"now goodbye y/n." She started to head back to the mainland as i waved.

I spent the first week thinking and drawing puctures of traps and blueprints. The second week hunting. The third building my shelter by the edge of the woods. And then the rest thinking of what she had said.

"one is all, all is one."

I wrote it everywhere. There was one week i didnt eat so i started to freak out. I ate grass, tried to eat sticks, leaves. Basically anything i could get my hands on. Then it hit me.

One is all. All is one. All things in this world are connected. The alchemist who opens the doorway find a true nightmare. I am that one. And i become all. Its all one big cycle.

A year passed and teacher fiablly came back. I answered the questions and i was taken away from the island. When i got back i freshened up and went to see teacher.

"im guessing your here to challenge me." She said staring out. I nodded and we walked outside.

"then lets start" she ran to me.

We fought for a good half hour but my attacks werent making a dent.

"let it out y/n." She said striking my side and ripping flesh.

I didnt mean to hurt her. I lost control. All that was left was rubble and a burnt corpse. I didnt mean to kill teacher.

"i think i won... Teacher..." I cried walking away with a bleeding side.

-end of flashback-

Ever since then i have yet to use my full powers.

We stare at a wall which looks as if alchemy sealed something off from us out here.

"what i always say of you dont have a door. Make one." He transmutes a door and we find another door.

"now this is fun." He smiles and opens the door.

On our long way down the steps i thought to myself. Why and i able to transmute like ed and al?

"ed? How come you can transmute without a circle?"

"i saw the truth." He said looking down. What truth? Have i seen it?

"i can do it too." I speak up. And he stops.

"how come?"

"i dont remember. What i think the truth is that its where everyone comes from. Ever since i started alchemy i never used a circle. Its sort of a think im used to." I said still walking. He caught up.

"that not really the truth y/n. The truth of all alchemy. And human transmutation." We reach a door.

"human transmutaion is impossible without the living soul still on this planet." I opened the door.

What we find is not a game.

"this is who they call father. And what i used to call... My own father." Edward said with his automail sword up to "fathers" throat.

"long time no see. Son." He smirked.

~so yeah sort of like the show i know. Yeah you learn more about yourself here. Crazy right? Well im gonna get some sleep. Sorry for the slow update... But anyway i hope you enjoyed. Cya~