Chapter twenty three (final chapter)

~Sorry guys if your really liked the story but good things must come to an end... this is my last chapter and I hope you like it. If you can't tell I have been thinking long and hard about it but I finally have the best idea... it moved me so much and please listen to the song while reading or whatever you want. just please listen to it. Please leave a like and follow me for more fan fics I have wrote I'd love it if you did. So thank you for reading. Goodbye reader-chan...~

-13 years later-

-Edwards pov-

"Daddy. Can you tell me a story?" Mark said with puppy eyes. I couldn't say no to those eyes... just like his mothers.

"Sure. It all starts year before you were born."

~bold words is Edward talking to Mark *hint hint* ~

-flashback-

By the time I was your age, I'd give anything To fall in love truly, was all I could think That's when I met your mother, the girl of my dreams The most beautiful woman, that I'd ever seen.

"Hi. I'm Edward. Edward Elric and this is my brother Alphonse." I said and smiled at Roy's sister.

"Hi. I'm Y/n. Its nice to meet you two." She smiles back and I couldn't help but stare at her.

She said, "Boy can I tell you a wonderful thing? I can't help but notice, you're staring at me. I know I shouldn't say this, but I really believe, I can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me."

-flashback over-

Now, son, I'm only telling you this Because life can do terrible things.

"Is that mom your talking about?" Mark looks up at Edward in which he's not paying attention. He I staring off in space.

-flashback-

"What are we doing here?" She looks at me. I smile and point tworda the view. Such a beautiful view. The sun sets and she's in awe.

"That is why we are here." the two of us holding hands back then was what I wanted.

Now, most of the time we'd have too much to drink And we'd laugh at the stars and we'd share everything Too young to notice, and too dumb to care Love was a story that couldn't compare.

"I love you Edward." She looked at the stars and smiled.

"I love you too y/n." I held her hand tighter.

I said, "Girl, can I tell you a wonderful thing? I made you a present with paper and string. Open with care now, I'm asking you, please. You know that I love you, will you marry me?"

"Yes I will!" She cried out and hugged me. She was so happy and soft I just wanted to never let her go.

-flashback over-

Now, son, I'm only telling you this Because life can do terrible things You'll learn, one day, I'll hope and I'll pray, That God shows you differently.

-flashback-

"So how was the doctors trip today babe?" I hugged her from behind.

"Where's Mark?" She said softly.

"He's sound asleep in his room. Why?" I said in a confused voice.

She said, "Boy can I tell you a terrible thing? It seems that I'm sick and I've only got weeks. Please, don't be sad now, I really believe, You were the greatest thing that ever happened to me."

"Please dont be sad... but I'm not gonna live much longer..." she sheds a few tears. I was so in shock I couldn't think straight.

Slow, so slow I fell to the ground on my knees.

-flashback over-

So don't fall in love, there's just too much to lose If you're given the choice, then I beg you to choose To walk away, walk away, don't let her get you. I can't bear to see the same happen to you.

-flashback-

*beep* *beep*

"I love you... ed..ward" she smiled as I kissed her forehead. She shed one last tear and took her last breath.

"I love you too my love..." I cried holding her hand.

-flashback over-

Now, son, I'm only telling you this Because life can do terrible things

"I miss your mother..." I hugged little mark and he cried in my chest.

"We will see mom soon don't worry." He smiles and falls asleep in my arms... just like his mother used to.

~the end~