Chapter 8: The When and The Where

Inside the Avenger's Compound, the group attempt to build themselves some way to time travel together. Thor in a large hoodie, and dark sunglasses to cover his eyes. He feels safe hidden behind a pair of sunglasses, using it as a way to hide. The God nervously walks through the compound's Testing Chamber. Tony is also there, walking in from behind Thor.

"You're drifting left. On the side there, point break" Tony to Thor, then he turns to Rocket, who's working on something underneath a glass platform "Ratchet, How's it going?"

"It's Rocket. Take it easy. You're only a genius on Earth, pal"

Inside a side room, where Scott, Bruce, Nebula and Rhodey are talking. Scott is in a white and red suit, similar to the Ant-Man suit.

"Time travel suit? Not bad" Rhodey says

In Response to Hulk touching the suit and attempting to get a small red substance that is a glass tube into the suit Scott shouts, "Hey, hey, hey! Easy, easy!"

"I'm being very careful" Bruce says

"No, you're being very Hulky"

"I'm being careful" Bruce tries to defend, but its almost impossible for him to be gentle when he has such large fingers and strong arms

Scott holds up the red glass bottle "These are Pym Particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more"

"Scott, calm down" Rhodey says

"Sorry. We've got enough for one round trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs" Scott accidentally presses a button, and shrinks, and then grows back to his normal size. "One test run" he corrects. Aloisia and Clint make their way over after finished speaking to Steve and Natasha. "All right. I'm not ready for this" Scott begins nervously

"I'm game. I'll do it" Clint offers, leaning against the doorway with Al stood next to him. The two had hugged one on another tightly upon reuniting.

As quickly as they can they get Clint in the suit Scott was moments before, "Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it" Bruce explains

"Wai- Wait a second, let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know, and..." he makes a hand gesture suggesting that they strangle baby Thanos with a rope. Aloisia turns, pulling a face of uncertainty and surprise at Rhodey.

Disgusted Banner continues "First of all, that's horrible..."

"It's Thanos" Rhodey says, understanding the cruelty of the mans actions.

"...And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future"

"Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved" Scott starts

"Bingo" Clint says

"That's not how it works" Nebula corrects.

"Well, that's what I heard."

"Right, it's hard to understand cause it's all so manic and messy but time doesn't work how we think it does otherwise we would be time travelling already. You get what I mean?"

"What? By who? Who told you that?" Bruce says turning to Scott, Clint and Rhodey.

Counting with his fingers Rhodey says, "Star Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time -"

"Quantum Leap -" Scott says jumping in

"A Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time -"

"Hot Tub Time Machine -" Scott and Rhodey go back and forth