Stunning architecture,luxury and...assassins?

After they have left Singapore, Iskandar and Coronaria are now in the United Arab Emirates to do some sightseeing. Even though they know that not many people don't know Iskandar, they decided to disguise themselves as the local people in order to blend in,just in case.The massive king had to struggle to find a disguise that fits, but eventually settles on a loose fitting thobe. It ended up being a bit too snug in some spots, straining under his muscles and exposing far too much of his chest, and he looked hilariously out of place with it's tight fit, but he seemed pleased enough.

"Coronaria! How do I look?!"  He asked. Coronaria,disguised in an abaya and a hijab,blushed with a smile. "You look perfect,Your Majesty," she replied courteously. Iskandar couldn't help but to preen at the nymph's praise, and chuckled in a deep rumble. The people around them were quite obviously staring and murmuring as they snuck through the crowd while Coronaria was hidden in the hood of Iskandar's mantle. The crowd looked at them curiously,some muttered in arabic when they saw the duo.Iskandar couldn't understand what they were saying, but they were clearly talking about Coronaria and himself. He wasn't much for humility, and quite enjoyed being the center of attention, so the stares and murmurs didn't bother him, but they did make him curious.

"What are they saying, little flower?" he whispered."I don't understand Arabic,Your Majesty," muttered Coronaria sheepishly, "Forgive me for being illiterate."

"Who is that man?" asked one man in the crowd.

"He's massive!" cried a veiled lady, "He looks familiar to me...did I see him on social media before?"

Iskandar chuckled again at the reply, amused by the way Coronaria acted. He was fond of the nymph and her mannerisms. To him, she was like a beautiful, yet sheltered, little flower.

The king leaned forward a bit when the people started talking, and his eyebrows raised at the mention of him appearing on social media. He looked familiar to them? Yet he shrugged it off and set off for the hotel.

"So,you're staying in room 1815,right?And a king sized bed?" asked the receptionist. 

"Yes,thank you," Coronaria replied politely.

"And your names,please?"

 "Iskandar and Coronaria."

The receptionist's eyes went wide as Coronaria mentioned Iskandar's name. "Wait,did you mention Iskandar,Miss?" she gasped, "Oh dear,we should have given you a grand welcome if we knew that His Majesty would be here!" Coronaria cringed,I shouldn't have said that!She thought.

Iskandar chuckled and waved a massive hand in dismissal. It was an odd sight, with his muscular arm showing beneath the white fabric of his thobe.

"Oh no, no, no. Do not worry yourselves, it is quite alright. We only just arrived in the country. I'd rather not receive any special treatment, honestly. I want to soak up the local culture as a regular person."

He grinned wide at both the receptionist and the nymph, then leaned on the counter, his arms flexing.

"Ah,I see," said the receptionist as she jotted down the details, "And what's your relationship with this little lady?Her dad,perhaps?"Steam poured out of Coronaria's ears,she was misidentified as Iskandar's daughter again!

"Father figure and master,not an actual father!"She muttered under her breath.Iskandar could only laugh loudly and hard, throwing his head back in amusement. He rested a hand on Coronaria's head and patted it with a firm grip while chuckling. He had to wonder how her face must be turning red under her hijab.

"Yes, yes. Something of that sort." He agreed with the receptionist, still laughing under his breath. "She is like a daughter to me, in many ways I suppose."