The kidnapping of the fairies

"So what exactly is this big surprise all about,Your Majesty?" asked Coronaria.

"Oh,you shall see," replied Iskandar with a mischievous glint in his scarlet eyes.After they have solved the case of the stolen Venus de Milo,he decided it would be his turn to surprise her.

Iskandar grinned wolfishly, one eyebrow perked up as he led Coronaria around the back of the museum, glancing around as he does. He brings her into a secluded back room, away from the noise of the crowds of people within.

"Now, now, just be patient for just a moment, my dear nymph! A great king such as myself could not reveal his surprise until the moment is just right!" He grinned, chuckling loudly as he does so. He stood behind her, placing his hands upon her shoulders, massaging them in the process.

"And open!" boomed Iskandar.

 "Oh. My. Gosh. Seriously, Your Majesty?! You brought me to Ireland?!" Coronaria exclaimed, "The Celtic folklore, the fairies, the mythology..."

Iskandar grinned widely, letting out a bellowing laugh again as she reacted. He patted her head gently, ruffling her hair in the process.

"Well, of course! Only the best of the best for my dearest nymph! I know how much you like your stories, so I knew that a place with fairies and goblins and elves would drive you wild!"

He glanced around, then stepped closer to her, leaning closer to her head and whispering into her ear, "Plus, a place with all that Celtic folklore means you have an excellent chance at meeting... A Leprechaun~" Coronaria's eyes widened,for she couldn't wait to meet some of the mystic creatures like her.Little did she know,a hunter who captures fairies is on the loose...

Iskandar chuckled at her reaction, giving her another light pat upon her head. He stood at his full height, glancing around at the surroundings as they are. His smile drops slightly, as his gaze became a bit more serious.

"Now, I know this place well enough... But you must promise me that you won't wander off to search for those fairyfolk by yourself, okay? And by that logic, I will need to keep a close eye on you."

"Why,Your Majesty?" asked Coronaria.

"Have you heard of hunters who try to capture fairies?" he asked, "They would stop at nothing to prove that fairies exist,even if they use illegal means to do it.You're like a daughter to me and I do not want anything horrible happening to you. I have heard of those hunters...They are greedy, twisted little vermins. Not worth their weight in copper. If I ever see one of them, I will personally give them the proper beating they deserve. You are to stay close and beside me! You never leave my sight, do you hear me?" It was clear that Iskandar was not fooling around,especially when he had activated his "papa wolf" mode.

"Yes,Your Majesty," replied Coronaria obediently and politely.She had heard of the fairy hunters from her mother,Mother Nature,as well as her nymph sisters.She couldn't help but shiver every single time when her sisters mention them.

Iskandar's expression then became one of concern at seeing her shiver. He grabbed her by the elbow, pulling her closer towards him. He pulled her close enough so that she is flush against his large body, wrapping his arms around her gently, but still firmly.

"I will not allow any harm to befall you, my little nymph. You have my word, I will look after you. Should someone try to cause you harm, I will personally see that the last thing they ever feel shall be the sole of my foot in their face." Coronaria smiled,for her master is like a father to her.He never saw her as strange or weird.She even remembered that he banished a soldier for calling her a freak.Meanwhile,in an alley...