Leap of faith

"Y-Your Majesty," stammered Coronaria,"You w-wanted to go b-bungee jumping at the Auckland Harbour bridge?"

"Of course,Coronaria," laughed Iskandar, "I laugh in the face of danger and since I am immortal now, I could try some extreme sports once in a while." Coronaria's face turned pale as she was terrified of heights,but since this was what her master wanted to do in New Zealand,she didn't have the heart to refuse.

"Alright,if you must,Your Majesty," she muttered.

Iskandar grinned even wider at her agreement, his massive hand coming to the nymph's back again,nearly knocking her off her feet.

"Marvelous! Come now. Off we go!"

Iskandar gave her no time to protest or change her mind, ushering her quickly along. For once, it seems he was walking at a pace that was more considerate of his much smaller companion. Normally, he moves at a speed to match his own tremendous strides, but today he was walking slowly for her sake.Coronaria flew nervously beside him as they approached the Auckland Harbour Bridge.She could see numerous people jumping off the bridge.Some screamed in fear while some shrieked in delight.Meanwhile,Iskandar took out his phone and started his livestream.

"Hello viewers!" he hollered, "Today we're here in New Zealand to try bungee jumping.Some of you may think that it's extremely dangerous but I have checked it online and saw that it's safe."The viewers filled the comment section with screaming emojis and wide eye emojis,alongside comments like "This is going to be exciting!" and "Be safe out there!"

Iskandar chuckled heartily at the comments filling his screen. He was completely unbothered. Even a fall from such a significant heights would barely make him feel it. Still, he enjoyed doing more 'mundane' things now since he was immortal.

"See that, friends? No worries at all! Now, my lovely companion here on the other hand..."

Iskandar grinned broadly again, before scooping up the tiny nymph and holding her up for the camera, her face turning even more pale in terror.The viewers were saying things like "Be brave,Miss Coronaria!" and "I know you can do it!". Coronaria smiled and waved with a blush,even though her wings were quivering in fear.

"I'll try to do it,if you really wanted me to jump.After all,I've got my trusty wings if anything goes wrong..." she mumbled.

Iskandar laughed heartily again, amused by her attempts to steel her resolve. He set her down gently before ruffling the top of her head affectionately. He knew how terrified of heights she actually was. He grinned back at the camera.

"You have my word! Nothing will go wrong. I won't allow it."

He turned and patted her back again, once more nearly knocking her off her feet when he does. He then took her by the hand and led her to the edge of the bridge, where bungee jumping equipment awaited them.

A few moments later,Iskandar and Coronaria have got into their gear and are standing on the edge of the bridge.Iskandar looked confident while Coronaria looked absolutely terrified.

"I can do this," muttered Coronaria, "M-Maybe not.I am immortal and I won't die even after going through this...N-No,I'm just a small nymph..." Comments like "You can do it,Miss Coronaria!" and "Conquer your fear!" popped up on the screen.Coronaria took a deep breath of courage,and her lavender eyes regained their spark once more.Iskandar grinned like a proud father, seeing the determination in his tiny ally's eyes. He knew that she was terrified, and yet she was willing to go through this because he wanted to try bungee jumping on this day. He would certainly reward her bravery later.

"That's more like it, little flower!" he cried, "Come, we'll jump together!" He wrapped his thick arms around her tiny frame, giving a one armed hug before he counted down.

"Now! Three... Two... One!"

They descended the bridge together on separate cords.Coronaria was shrieking, "HELP ME,YOUR MAJESTYYYYY!!!"in fear,clearly terrified by the feeling of weightlessness even though it was safe.Iskandar,on the other hand,was screaming like Tarzan as he jumped down from the bridge.The viewers were commenting "Wahoo!" and "This is awesome!" in the comment section,and it appeared that many people were watching their livestream.As they descended down, down, down to the water below, Iskandar yelled at the top of his lungs. He loved this feeling of weightlessness. It reminded him of flying but even better. Seeing Coronaria shriek for her life, yet holding on tight to him, made him laugh even more heartily. If they hadn't been in the air, he would've ruffled her hair.

They eventually land, and Iskandar laughs, pulling Coronaria into another one armed hug. He pats her head and speaks into the camera, still grinning.

"Well, how was that, friends? A success!" he guffawed.The viewers commented "Well done,you two!", "Incredible!"and "Miss Coronaria has done it!".Coronaria blushed modestly as she took off her gear,for she was proud of herself for conquering her fear of heights,even though it was a bit scary at first.Iskandar smiled wider at her blush. Coronaria was a timid flower nymph, who kept to herself and her garden most of the time. It was wonderful to see her take a step outside her comfort zones, and to conquer her fear of heights like this.He smiled at her as he helped her out of the last of her gear. He was still grinning wide, as he scooped her up into his arms again, now that they were at ground level and not falling through the air.

"Well done, little flower," he praised, "See? No problems at all, just like I promised."

"Thank you,Your Majesty," Coronaria replied modestly with a blush, "After all,sometimes it's good to step out of the comfort zone,especially when you know something is actually safe."

The viewers were asking "When will you do such things again,Miss Coronaria?" and "I would love to see you two go skydiving!" Coronaria's eyes widened as she saw the comments,because she thought that she had enough thrills for today.

"Maybe,I suppose we could do it in future," she replied with a wry smile.Iskandar laughed heartily again while he saw the comments. He wasn't surprised, most of the people who viewed his live streams wanted to see more wild and exciting things,which, honestly, he didn't mind that much. In fact, some ideas they mentioned sounded intriguing. Like what they just did.Coronaria's wry smile made him chuckle. She was probably still processing the feeling of that bungee jump. Yet, he still held her tightly in his arms.

"Sky diving? Maybe. We'll see. For now, you deserve a rest first." he said to the viewers.Coronaria smiled with a blush as she took flight once more.Iskandar put her into the hood of his mantle as they went to the nearest restaurant to have a comforting meal.

"So,where to next after lunch?" asked Iskandar.

"Maybe we could go into the jungle and see some animals like kiwis." suggested Coronaria.

"Kiwis?But aren't they brown fruits with green or yellow flesh?" Iskandar asked in confusion.

"No,Your Majesty.It's a type of flightless bird that looks like this," Coronaria explained as she held up a picture of a kiwi bird to her master to see.

Iskandar nodded as he listens to Coronaria's suggestion. A smile slowly spreaded across his face. He thought that spending a day in the jungle, with the beautiful flora and fauna, sounded like a wonderful idea.

"Ahh, so it's a small bird. Looks like a tiny kiwi fruit. Now I see why they're called that. And you wish to show me them? I'd love to see them."

He smiled even wider as he ruffled the top of her head, having finally set her back down once again.Coronaria giggled as she looked at her master,as she couldn't wait to see the wildlife in New Zealand.