9

Aisha lay on her bed, staring at the ceiling, a smile playing on her lips

Aisha lay on her bed, staring at the ceiling, a smile playing on her lips. The events of the previous night replayed in her mind like a favorite movie scene. The cultural fest had been a whirlwind of colors, sounds, and emotions, but the highlight, the moment that changed everything, was that kiss. Yuvraj, her enemy-turned-love interest, had kissed her. And it wasn't just any kiss—it was a confession, a turning point, a revelation.

˚‧。⋆🌻⋆。‧˚

the previous night:

They spent the rest of the night talking, flirting, and bantering, the animosity that once defined their relationship melting away. Yuvraj insisted on dropping her home, and they walked hand in hand, stealing kisses and laughing about their past arguments.

When they reached her house, he pulled her into a tight embrace. "Aaj ka din... I'll never forget it."

"Me neither," she whispered, looking up at him. "Good night, Mr.Khadoos."

"Good night, Aisha."

˚‧。⋆🌻⋆。‧˚

present morning:

Aisha woke up with a contented sigh, the memories of last night warming her heart. She reached for her phone, eager to see if Yuvraj had sent her a message. But there was nothing. No texts, no missed calls. She frowned, feeling a twinge of disappointment.

Maybe he's still asleep, she thought, brushing it off. She got ready for the day, humming a tune as she went about her morning routine. But as the hours passed, the silence from Yuvraj became more unsettling.

She tried calling him, but it went straight to voicemail. She sent a few texts, each one more anxious than the last, but there was no response. By afternoon, Aisha was pacing her room, her mind racing with worry and doubt.

Why isn't he answering? Did something happen? Or was it all just a game to him?

Her thoughts spiraled, each one more negative than the last. She couldn't shake off the nagging fear that she had been played. Yuvraj had always been her enemy—what if this was just another one of his tricks?

Aisha sank onto her bed, burying her face in her hands. How could I be so stupid? she debated herself. Of course, he was just playing around. I was an idiot to trust him.

But deep down, a small voice argued back. What if something's wrong? What if he needs help?

Conflicted and frustrated, Aisha tried calling him again. This time, the phone rang, but no one picked up. She left a message, her voice trembling. "Yuvraj, please call me back. I don't understand what's going on. Please, just... let me know you're okay."

Hours passed, and there was still no word from Yuvraj. Aisha's worry turned into anger. Why would he do this to me? After everything we shared last night?

She decided to go to his house. I need to know the truth, she thought, grabbing her keys and heading out.

˚‧。⋆🌻⋆。‧˚

outside Yuvraj's Penthouse:

Aisha stood at the gate, her heart pounding. She rang the bell, but there was no answer. She tried calling him again, her frustration mounting. Yuvraj, where are you?

Just as she was about to leave, the door opened, and Naina appeared.

"Aish? You're here?"

"Naina, do you know where Yuvraj is? I've been trying to reach him all day."

Naina looked confused. She had just returned from her camp and didn't know anything about her brother and best friend. "Bhai went out early in the morning. He said he had something important to take care of."

Aisha's heart sank. "Did he say where he was going?"

Naina shook her head. "Nahi, but he looked worried. Kuch serious tha shayad."

Aisha's mind raced. Worried? What could be so serious that he wouldn't even tell me?

"Naina, there's something I need to tell you" Aisha said, taking a deep breath. "Yuvraj and I... we're together. We kissed last night."

Naina's eyes widened in surprise. "What? Seriously? "She paused, processing the information. "And today you haven't been able to contact him at all?"

Aisha nodded, her worry evident. "Yes. I've tried calling and messaging him, but there's been no response. I'm concerned."

Naina's expression softened. "Aish, I'm sure there's an explanation. Bhai wouldn't just disappear like that. He'll be back, and when he does, I'll make sure he calls you immediately."

"Thanks, Naina" Aisha said, forcing a smile. "I will give you the details later. And agar Yuvraj aaye toh please tell him to call me."

"Sure, Aish. Take care and don't worry" Naina replied, giving Aisha a reassuring hug.

As Aisha walked away from the house, her mind was filled with worry and unanswered questions. Yuvraj, please be okay, she thought, hoping that whatever had taken him away so suddenly would be resolved soon.

Aisha walked back home, her mind a whirlwind of emotions. She tried to stay calm, to think rationally, but the uncertainty was eating her up inside. What if he's in trouble? What if...

She shook her head, trying to dispel the negative thoughts. I have to believe in him. There has to be an explanation.

But as the night grew darker, her faith began to waver. The silence was unbearable, each minute feeling like an eternity.

Just as she was about to give up hope, her phone buzzed. She grabbed it, her heart leaping as she saw Yuvraj's name on the screen.

"Aisha" his voice was low, almost a whisper. "I'm sorry."

"Yuvraj! Where have you been? I've been so worried!"

"I... I can't explain everything right now. But trust me, please. I'll come to you as soon as I can."

"Yuvraj, kya ho raha hai? You're scaring me."

"I know, and I'm sorry. Just... wait for me, okay? I promise I'll make everything right."

Before she could respond, the line went dead. Aisha stared at her phone, her heart pounding. What is going on?

She felt a mix of relief and fear. He was okay, but something was clearly wrong. And she had no idea what it was.

To be continued...

˚‧。⋆🌻⋆。‧˚

So is it trouble in paradise? To know what happens next add this book to your library peeps!

Please ignore my grammatical errors, do share your reviews and please give some love and support🌷

-tara✮

[980 words]