21

THE GRAND WEDDING

THE GRAND WEDDING

Getting ready:

Aisha's room was filled with the scent of jasmine and marigolds, her bridesmaids bustling around her, making sure every detail of her attire was perfect. Her maroon lehenga shimmered under the soft light, its golden embroidery catching the eye. Naina, her best friend, and bridesmaid, adjusted her dupatta one last time, stepping back to admire her work.

Naina smiled wide, "Aisha, tum literally dulhan lag rahi ho, like... jaw-droppingly stunning!"
Aisha laughed softly, her heart racing with a mixture of excitement and nerves. "I just hope I don't trip over this lehenga! Imagine my grand entrance ruined by a faceplant."

"Bhai waise bhi tumhe uthake mandap tak le jaayega," Naina teased, winking mischievously.

Aisha blushed, but before she could retort, her mother entered, her eyes filled with pride and love. "Meri beti... bilkul rani lag rahi hai!"

˚‧。⋆🌻⋆。‧˚

Meanwhile, at Yuvraj's house, it was a different kind of chaos. His groomsmen, including his brother Aman and best friend Yash, were trying to help him with his navy blue sherwani. Raj, Yuvraj's cousin, tied the intricate safa around his head, struggling with the final touches.

"Bro, calm down. Agar itne nervous ho, toh shaadi ke baad kya haal hoga?" Yash teased, nudging Yuvraj playfully.

Yuvraj grinned, adjusting the feather on his safa. "Nervous? Nahi yaar, I'm just... excited. Can't wait to see Aisha."

˚‧。⋆🌻⋆。‧˚

The ceremony:

The venue, Kapoor Mansion, was nothing short of a fairytale. The garden had been transformed into a royal paradise. The mandap, bathed in soft golden light, was adorned with marigold garlands and delicate jasmine strings that swayed gently in the breeze. The smell of fresh flowers filled the air, blending with the rhythmic beats of the dhol as Yuvraj's baraat approached.

˚‧。⋆🌻⋆。‧˚

Aisha stood at the entrance, her eyes searching for Yuvraj amidst the sea of colors. Her breath caught when she saw him—tall, regal, and confident. Their eyes met, and even across the distance, there was an unspoken connection that made her heart skip.

Naina nudged Aisha, "Uff, yeh dekh kitne dreamy lag rahe hain! Tumhe bas ek garland deni hai, aur yeh prince charming ban jayenge."

Aisha rolled her eyes, smiling. "As if he's not already one."

As Yuvraj stepped onto the stage for the jai mala, his eyes never left Aisha. She was brought forward, smiling nervously, the heavy garland in her hands.