10

Please read the note at the end of the chapter. ENJOY! ❤️

Yuvraj lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling, a smile tugging at his lips

Yuvraj lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling, a smile tugging at his lips. The events of the previous night were fresh in his mind, a kaleidoscope of colors and emotions. He couldn't believe how everything had changed between him and Aisha. For so long, they had been at each other's throats, the very definition of enemies. But now, after the cultural fest, everything was different.

˚‧。⋆🌻⋆。‧˚

the morning after the cultural fest:

Yuvraj woke up with a contented sigh, the memories of last night warming his heart. He reached for his phone, eager to send Aisha a message, but before he could type anything, his phone rang. It was his younger brother, Aman.

"Bhaiya, urgent hai," Aman said, his voice strained.

"Abhi subah subah kya urgent ho gaya?" Yuvraj asked, sitting up.

"Aap jaldi ghar aao. Papa ki tabiyat theek nahi lag rahi."

Yuvraj's heart sank. His father had been battling health issues for a while, but this sounded serious. "Main abhi aata hoon."

He quickly got dressed and rushed out of his penthouse, his mind racing with worry. He tried to call Aisha to explain, but her number went straight to voicemail. Shit. She's going to be worried, he thought, but there was no time. He had to get home.

(NOTE: Yuvraj and Naina stay in a penthouse near their college for easy transportation and his parents stay in Rathore Mansion with his younger brother, Aman)

˚‧。⋆🌻⋆。‧˚

at Rathore Mansion:

The house was in chaos when he arrived. His mother was pacing, her face pale with worry, while Aman was on the phone with the doctor.

"Kya hua?" Yuvraj asked, his voice trembling.

"Mujhe nahi pata," his mother said, tears streaming down her face. "Unhone subah se kuch nahi bola. Just collapsed."

Yuvraj's heart clenched. He rushed to his father's side, taking his hand. "Papa, main hoon yahan. Aap theek ho jayenge."

The doctor arrived soon after, and Yuvraj stepped back, giving him space to work. He watched, helpless, as the doctor examined his father, his mind a blur of fear and anxiety.

After what felt like an eternity, the doctor turned to him. "He needs to be hospitalized. Immediately."

Yuvraj nodded, his throat tight. He helped carry his father to the car, his mind racing. I need to tell Aisha. She'll understand. But there was no time to call her. He could only hope she would forgive him for disappearing without a word.

˚‧。⋆🌻⋆。‧˚

at the hospital:

The next few hours were a blur of doctors, nurses, and medical jargon that Yuvraj could barely process. His father was taken into surgery, and Yuvraj sat in the waiting room, his head in his hands. Aman sat next to him, silent but supportive.