Chapter 2

Y/N'S POV

Slut? Me? A slut?

I kept questioning myself. How did he come up with that? Is it because of how I dress?

I do wear revealing clothes.

WHAT CAN I DO?! I just love wearing tight black dresses in various styles!

I clenched my jaw, furious that he just left after calling me a slut. How rude!

So, I stormed back into the house and approached a maid as I entered.

She was dusting the windows when she noticed me and was ready to help.

"Is there anything you need, Miss?" she asked politely, smiling.

"Yes, actually. Could you prepare lunch for Ran?" I smiled back. "I want to build a mother and son relationship with him."

She was taken aback by what I said but quickly understood.

"O-okay, Miss. I'll be right back, please give me a minute."

I watched her walk to the kitchen to fulfill my request. Meanwhile, my eyes landed on Ran's room door, visible from the ground floor because it's near the staircase.

I swear he just met me and decided to push my buttons already. Good for him, he knows how to piss me off.

One thing I hate is slut-shaming, and he went there right away.

Soon, the maid returned with a tray of lunch for Ran.

"Thank you," I said as she handed me the tray. I didn't stop there; I immediately walked upstairs to his room.

I'm playing with fire; let's see who gets burned first.

"Yes?" He opened the door, answering in a seductive, sexy voice after hearing me knock.

I was stunned for a moment; this is him before his shower. The man was only wearing a towel wrapped around his waist, his upper body bare.

I decided to stay composed, clearing my throat before speaking. "I prepared lunch for you."

"Why?" he asked, raising an eyebrow, confused.

A smirk appeared on my lips. "Well... I feel bad for taking a photo of your car without your permission," I said, pretending to be sad about doing something stupid, but I didn't really care.

This is me being sarcastic.

"Are you trying to create a mother-son bond with me?" he chuckled, leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed over his broad chest.

"I'm actually just trying to apologize. I'm being nice too," All bullshit, Y/n.

"You're the same age as my little brother, so it'll be weird calling you... mommy, right?" he smirked, teasing me.

What is wrong with him?

"Whatever you're comfortable with, Ran," I responded, looking directly into his eyes.

He paused and smiled a bit before standing up straight from leaning on the door frame. "Come in."

He opened the door wider for me to enter. He waited for me to get in before closing the door behind me.

"Put it on the table, then wait for me there."

I was confused. "Why? I can just leave it here."

"Just do it, mommy. It won't hurt, right?"

I sat there, trying to process the fact that this dude is going to be annoying by calling me that!

The man then went into his bathroom. As soon as the door closed, I immediately stood up from the chair and headed to his desk.

It'll be quick; any small information would help.

I quietly opened the top drawer in his desk, quickly sifting through some papers and clutter.

His room is big enough to fit an entire office, bed, closet, and bathroom.

I took out some papers, read them quickly, and put them back in the drawer. Finding no useful information in the first drawer, I moved to the next one.

Frustration rushed through me as I kept seeing paperwork related to his father's business, none of it connected to Bonten.

I sighed, closing the last drawer. I started thinking fast about where he could be hiding useful information.

Then, my eyes landed on a crumpled piece of paper on the ground next to his trash bin. I leaned down to pick it up and unfolded it to read what was inside.

BINGO!

It was a letter from Mikey to Ran, detailing their upcoming plan to sabotage our group again!

Blood rushed through me. I threw the paper back where I found it and sat back in the chair, taking out my phone.

I hate how they know about our every move! How do they do that?

Is it possible they have a spy among us? No! I don't want to think that way!

I started texting Saki everything I learned from that letter. I can't believe they send letters instead of texts; that's new information for me.

"Who are you texting?"

I flinched when I suddenly heard Ran's voice. I was so focused on my phone that I didn't notice him leave the bathroom.

He was already dressed, wearing a long black sweater and grey sweatpants, drying his hair with a towel.

"U-uh, just your dad."

"My dad? Why? Is he gone again?"

Mr. Haitani is a busy man. He told me the reason he became a slave to his business was because of his late wife. Ever since she died, their family has been falling apart, and his sons rarely come home.

Right now, he just picked me up from my house, settled me in, and then left for a business trip.

Anyway, I nodded to Ran. "Yup!"

"Perfect, you're coming with me then," he said, starting to comb and fix his hair while looking in the mirror.

"Wait, where are you taking me?" This was suspicious. Why would he want to take me with him?

"You'd be bored here all day. You know you're not the first woman to be my dad's wife-fiancée, perhaps. He always leaves them here, they get bored, and then they leave him," he chuckled, shaking his head.

I was surprised to hear that. I thought I was the first woman he entertained after his wife died.

Damn, these Haitani men are assholes!

"That didn't answer my question."

By this time, he had finished getting ready. He put down his comb and faced me with a normal smile.

"Somewhere, probably," he shrugged.

"No, I won't go with you."

I was suspicious. He might do something to me. I don't want the mission to end here; I haven't made his life miserable yet.

"Tsk!" He let out a sharp sigh, approaching me. "Just shut up and obey me, stepmom."

I felt my cheeks burning when he said those words, feeling and seeing him this close. I was taken aback.

"W-what...?" I couldn't form a sentence; I wasn't expecting this... What is even going on??

"You heard me right, mommy."

I stared at him as he left the room. I hesitated but eventually followed him.

I had a lot on my mind as I followed him, watching his broad back, his clean cut, and the way he walked.

I was literally observing his every move. I'm actually scared of where he's taking me, but I'm taking the risk anyway.

"Oh, by the way," he stopped, "Next time... don't dress like a slut again."