Chapter 19

Y/N'S POV

Watching Ran walk away from the house with his men, while I stood there feeling like a prisoner, made me regret some of my life choices.

 I wasn't foolish enough not to try finding ways to escape, but Ran ensured there was no way out. He had me locked up, claiming he needed to attend a Bonten meeting.

I cried the entire time, realizing I needed to release all the emotions I'd been holding in for years. I've been struggling to survive, only to be called a bedwarmer by someone who once promised me the world.

I took out the ring he gave me years ago, I still keep this with me.

He's not the same guy I loved back then.

After hours of crying, I finally cooled down, I didn't know what else to do but to flop myself on the couch. Watching this boring ass show that's currently airing. 

I hated how I'm stuck here, I don't even have a phone with me so how am I supposed to ring Mr. Haitani? I need his help.

He apologized, but I didn't accept it... I was just silent while he embraced me eventually pushing him away after that.

But what I hated most was knowing that I would easily forgive him as long as he didn't hurt me physically. 

I despised myself for being so weak when it came to that man. I was weak even when we first met... and now I've only gotten weaker.

My train of thought was abruptly interrupted by the sound of multiple gunshots. I jumped to my feet, covering my mouth in shock. 

The noise was coming from the door; it sounded like someone was trying to break in.

"What do I do..." I whispered in panic, crouching down behind the sofa, which was probably a foolish move.

After a few more shots, everything went silent. Hearing the front door open sent a shiver down my spine. What if it's Morgan's aunt, here to finish me off so he and Morgan can get married?

I was foolish enough to peek when I heard the door creak open. To my shock, my jaw dropped as I saw someone casually entering the house, holding a pink paper bag.

What's his name again?

Right... "Kokonoi?" I finally revealed myself, and he looked just as surprised to see me.

"Ran and Rindou's stepmom."

Argh, I have a name idiot. 

He's acting as if we never spoke to each other before.

"What are you doing here? And are you the same person who's causing the gun shots earlier?" I know it was him but... I don't know, conversation?

"No, what are YOU doing here?" he was teasing as he walked towards me to put the paper bag on the couch.

"Anyway, you don't have to answer that. I came here to deliver this to Ran, but he didn't leave me any keys, so I had to break the door," Kokonoi said as he sat down on the couch and crossed his legs.

"What is that?" I asked, curious about the pink item.

"His baton. He left it the other day and told me to bring it here."

So Kokonoi knows about this place? As far as I know, even Rindou doesn't know it exists.

"But why is it pink?"

"It's cute, and it suits 'Princess Ran,'" he chuckled.

I sighed in relief, thankful that Koko had opened the door for me. Now I could finally get out of here.

"Can you take me back home? Your friend kidnapped me after using me, so I want to go back to my sugar daddy now," I said, sounding rude but feeling like he was my only option.

"The oldest Haitani might kill me, but first, you have to tell me how you got yourself into this mess, darling," Kokonoi said with a smirk.

I had no choice but to tell him everything.

I laid it all out for him, literally everything. I knew Kokonoi wasn't the type to snitch on me, unlike Kakucho. So, I confided in him.

"Okay, fair enough. How about this..." he began, adjusting his position to face me. "You play with the lover boy's heart, then leave him... Give him a taste of his own medicine."

I was shocked to hear that coming from him. Weren't they friends?

"That's a good idea though." Not even going to lie it is...

"And after you're finished with your little revenge, I owe you something," he winked.

That was the most unexpected part. He didn't wait for my response; instead, he gestured for me to follow him, as he was driving me home now.

It seemed like Kokonoi had his eyes on me. With his offer, I didn't have to worry about my future with the Haitanis; he presented a better option—himself.

I'm not that picky to decline him. On the way back to the mansion, he asked about me, and we got to know each other. He also offered some suggestions and warnings, which I remembered.

He dropped me off in front of the gate. I thanked him before getting out of his car and heading into the mansion.

Thanks to Kokonoi, I finally got my shit together.

I'll have my revenge and leave with Kokonoi, this time I need to make this right.

I was sitting on the garden alone, drinking tea when I heard heavy footsteps behind me. And when I turn around, it was Ran... Having a messy hair look while sweats all over his face and he was panting.

"What the fuck, Y/n?! You fucking left?" He furiously yelled at me.

I smiled, "Yeah, and?" 

"Didn't I tell you to stay? You even used Kokonoi to get away from me?" he's furious, I tell you.

"Correction, he broke into your house because you didn't leave him any keys... It's your fault for inviting a guest while you have a hostage inside your house," I chuckled. He was really offended.

He moved towards me, grabbing my arms so that I could rise up and face him completely in the eyes.

"You are going back with me. Right now. We are going to fix this shit; you need to explain yourself to me. Why on earth did you need to pretend? Come on let's go," he snarled at me.

But I chuckled and said, "You are grounded."