Chapter 21

AUTHOR'S POV

"What's her problem?" Ran was perplexed when you ignored him and headed to the dining room where Rindou claimed Mr. Haitani was.

Rindou groaned and moved towards him.

"Didn't you know she ran into that Aoiki?" he questioned his older brother.

"Wait, what?!"

"Well, she was at the hospital where her friend was confined, and guess what happened?"

"What?"

"She fought with Y/n because of this thing going between you and her, seems like she remembers everything now."

"Yeah, that's why we got into an argument."

"Well, Y/n is pissed, she doesn't want you anymore."

After many days, Morgan healed and was permitted to return home. Okay, when it comes to you. You've never left your room.

Mr. Haitani would simply stop by and bring you some food or gifts. But you suddenly don't want to see anyone after realizing that every maid there is stabbing you behind your back.

Ran? You tried to forget about it, but it seems like the first heartbreak you had with your first boyfriend, who is still alive.

You're no longer in a relationship with him. He's simply someone you've fucked once.

"Hey, Darling. I'm having a special dinner for tonight. Come on, join us," Mr. Haitani's gentle voice was heard by you when he entered your room.

"I don't feel like it."

"Come on, please? Just this once. Plus, someone wants to meet you," He grinned at you, confusing you.

"Who?" you questioned.

"You will see, come on." His smile persuaded you to leave your room as you grasped his hand.

He led you to the eating area. All of the maids appear joyful today because of their smiles, but they are not smiling for you; the only one who is is Yuzuha.

Your eyes widened as you recognized the same woman who had spewed garbage about you days before. Sitting next to Rindou, you giggled since you assumed this was a family meal, but they had no option but to include you.

But since you're already here, you may as well enjoy it. You're surprisingly seated next to Ran because Mr. Haitani is normally in the middle chair.

Morgan's aunt is sitting in the other way from him, while Rindou sits in front of you. You could sense several maids' glances because you were sitting near to Ran. You have the sensation of being transported from one k-pop idol to another.

"It's the first time she ever visited again, so she wants to meet you," Mr. Haitani told me. As you all began with your supper.

You remained silent throughout their chats. Morgan's aunt would frequently recall some of their past recollections, but Rindou or Mr. Haitani would shift the subject.

You are not in the mood to communicate; all you want to do is complete this and return to your room to separate yourself from everyone.

"So, Rin. Have you asked your father which dirty place he picked her up?" Morgan's aunt asks, her look caustic.

Rindou pleaded to her, "Hey, please don't start," but she ignored him.

"Anyway, how were you and Morgan, Son? I heard you've been spending time together? She's literally a sweetheart compared to someone I know," She smiled at Ran, but she didn't stop there.

"Morgan is such an elegant lady who knows her manners. So, I wouldn't be surprised that you liked her, the marriage is near you know?"

You bite your inner cheeks to keep yourself from displaying any emotion while you remain silent. She is purposefully stating this in front of you, to make you compare yourself to someone like Morgan.

Hearing such descriptions of her made you feel bad about yourself. Yes, it is the girl Ran would like to have for the rest of his life.

You were once better than Morgan; life simply took a different route for you. But you never considered comparing yourself to Morgan, since you knew she would never reach your level.

"I'd be delighted to meet her, too, son," Mr. Haitani said.

"Can we talk about something else?" Ran shifted the subject, but Morgan's aunt had other ideas.

"I hope she doesn't hear these crazy rumors going around the house. Because I know for the fact that Ran over here will never hit a low-class woman who knows nothing but to spread her legs to every man she sees," Morgan's aunt said as she glanced at you.

Mr. Haitani stopped eating to look at the woman in front of him. "I do not allow such words in my house, quit it."

"I apologize, I was just saying," she shrugged, grinned at you, and continued to devour her food.

Ran gazed at you while discreetly eating. He understands this dinner is already a disaster, and it would be bad for everyone if it continued.

So, without hesitation, he made the most idiotic move he could possibly make. He stood up to get everyone's attention.

"Let's go," you said, surprised as he grabbed your wrist and forced you to stand.

You were perplexed as you stared at him, but part of you was condemning him inside because of what had transpired at the resort, but the man smiled.

Before he could drag you away, you felt another hand grip your other wrist.

"Let go of my fiancé, son."