Chapter 30

"You work at PJ Star?" Heeseung asked, his face lighting up. For some reason, hearing that Jungwon was about to start at the same company as him made him happy. Not necessarily because he wanted to be around Jungwon, but rather because he knew that this would be a way to get closer to you. 

"Yeah. Well, not yet," Jungwon responded, a wide smile spreading over his face. 

"I actually intern there right now," Heeseung stated, causing Jungwon to jump out of his seat and place himself on the couch next to Heeseung. 

"No way! That means I already know someone who works there. LET'S GOOOO!" Jungwon excitedly yelled, causing Jay to laugh out loud. "I was so nervous that I'd have to spend every lunch break alone but now I have someone!" 

"I've heard that the staff there are very sweet anyway. Hopefully, you won't have any trouble making friends in your department," Jay said as he awkwardly placed his teacup down on the table. You noticed this and decided that this was your way to escape the conversation. 

"I'll take that for you," you said, leaning over and grabbing the tea mug from the table, earning a 'thank you' from Jay. You arranged the rest of the cups onto the tray before exiting the room. 

"There's actually someone else who works at PJ Star, too," Heeseung said, turning his head to look at Jay. 

"Oh, yeah, Romeo works there!" Hannah excitedly said, blushing a little at the mention of Romeo. 

"What?! No way he works there too!" Jungwon's disappointment carried through his voice. 

"A lot of the interns kind of group together, so I've hung out with him at work a few times. He seems to be pretty sweet from what I can tell," Heeseung tried to defend his only friend at work. 

"He's not very fond of me though," Jungwon frowned. "Ever since Hannah broke up with him, he cannot even look me in the eyes. But, maybe, he's changed."

"Exactly, you gotta give everyone a second chance to try to redeem themselves. If they still mess up continually, then you have good reason to get rid of them," Jay spoke, advising everyone. 

"Damn, Jay, that's very inspirational and spiritual of you," Sunoo joked, getting a laugh out of Heeseung, Hannah, Wonyoung and Jungwon. 

"What can I say? I've made it a priority of mine to see the best in others," Jay said, while Heeseung stood up and motioned that he was going to put his teacup away. 

---------------------

"Hey, uh, y/n, where should I put this?" Heeseung asked, holding out the teacup. 

"Oh, I'll take that." You paused as you took the cup from his hand, lightly brushing against his hand with your own. "Thank you."

You started rinsing the cup, waiting for Heeseung to walk out of the kitchen. But you could feel his presence next to you. You dared not to look towards him, instead just focusing on the cup and washing it properly. The silence in the room was killing you, but you didn't want to start the conversation.