18 - tongue that craves skin

'No, this can't be happening to me. Please let this be a bad dream.'

The omega wanted to run away but had no idea where he could go. He had fear after fear chewing on his pathetic head. What would happen if Woo found him? Or worse, what if he fell into the hands of his abusive parents again? The man didn't have any family or friends he could run to. Zaire was all alone and trapped.

Sobs fell from his lips as he laid in the guest bedroom. His heart raced at any sound he heard, afraid it was the wolf. Why had Woo changed after Zaire had fallen sick? The omega blamed himself for the man's behavior. He wished he had taken better care of himself. Woo must've wasted so much of his time looking after him.

Zaire heard his phone buzz on the nightstand and he picked it up. The omega saw Liam's number but he didn't pick up the call. The omega turned in the sheets and cried against the pillow, back trembling with every cry that fell out of his mouth. He felt ashamed and weak. Zaire felt pathetic that he couldn't protect himself but there was no way he could fight against Woo. The man was twice his size and much stronger than him, mentally and physically.

What would Zaire's chosen alpha think of this? If the omega found the man of his dreams, how would he explain himself? He wanted to remain untouched but the dark desire in Woo's eyes promised bad things. The omega prayed the alpha wouldn't touch him. Zaire hoped it was just false threats to scare him.

Zaire didn't sleep a wink the whole night. When it was time to make breakfast, the omega went downstairs with light steps, almost afraid of meeting Woo. He wanted to stay as far away as he could from the alpha. The omega had cooked Woo's breakfast and lunch, jumping at every sound he heard. The alpha was still out with Katana on a walk as Zaire finished setting up the table for him.

The omega almost ran back to his bedroom after lunch was packed and Woo's food was ready on the table. He wanted to lock the door but Zaire didn't want to anger Woo. The omega hated his anxiety. Stupid fears and overthinking had caused this mess. If he had controlled his anxiety, Zaire would've never been in a position like this. The omega was starting to hate himself.

To his relief, Woo had left for work without bugging him. The whole day was spent in fear but Zaire couldn't help it. Woo's dark words from last night haunted him. The younger man wanted to run away but where would he go? He couldn't escape just to be caught by someone else. Zaire cleaned the house and spent the rest of the day with Katana. When dusk fell, the poor soul prepared dinner with trembling hands. Tears leaked down his face as he set the table for the alpha to eat.

The omega washed his face in the bathroom downstairs and took deep breaths to calm down. As Zaire heard the loud rumble of Woo's truck, he went upstairs to hide in the library. The man waited with a racing heart. It was beating so loudly that he could hear it. After an hour, Zaire gained courage and left the library. The man went downstairs and saw that Woo wasn't in the dining room. He went to the kitchen and saw it was also empty. The man sighed in relief and began to tidy the area. He was almost done washing the dishes when a deep voice made him jump.

"Omega." Zaire turned to see Woo standing at the entrance of the kitchen, leaning on the wall with his hands in his pockets. He was dressed in black pajamas and a grey sleeveless t-shirt. The older man's hair was wet and the scent of his body wash filled the air. His onyx-colored eyes raked over the younger man's form intensely.

"Y-Yes?" Zaire forced himself to speak.

"I hope you didn't forget what I said last night. When you're ready for bed, come to my room." The alpha walked away and Zaire felt his heart almost stop.

Forcing himself not to cry, the wolf finished washing the dishes and went back to his bedroom. He took a quick shower and dressed in an oversized blue t-shirt and black plaid shorts. With heavy steps, the omega walked towards the master bedroom. The door was open and Zaire stood in front of it, afraid to enter. He could see Woo in the dimly lit space. The wolf laid on the bed with one hand behind his bed, covered in a black blanket.