A.D.A arc Part 4: talking about flowers

Or

Kunikida can remain calm during stressful situations and apparently Shion doesn't like Americans? Or Italians don't like Americans

Kenji is still confused on the matter

━━━━━━━━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━━━━━━━━

"She lived beside Fumiko with that woman"

She replied much more kindly to Shion, happy she didn't accuse her.

She nevertheless got up

"I believe your visit has come to an end, let me walk you to the door"

Her voice was still voicing her unpleasantness, Kunikida nodded and followed her, Shion gave one last look at Fumiko's book, the flowers were really pretty.

━━━━━━━━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━━━━━━━━

Kunikida was driving, Shion was in the backseat with Kenji.

Apparently neither of them were reliable enough to have a shotgun seat, Kenji had an undisclosed incident with a chicken and Kunikida decided a mafiosa (mafioso Is for males, mafiosa is for females) shouldn't be anywhere near a steering wheel. It didn't matter if they knew how to drive... Did she know how to drive?

She did...right?

Kenji was sitting beside her with the seatbelt fastened tapping at his knees.

"So...where are we going exactly?"

Kunikida hadn't said if they were going to the crime scene uhh, exciting.

Kenji drew a breath to respond but Kunikida beat him to it.

"We can't go to the crime scene without a warrant, we may be private investigators but we respect the law"

"Oh... so, we are going to do paperwork and wait for the police to give the go?"

She looked at Kenji who nodded

"Sounds boring" she mumbled, her head turned towards the window.

She hadn't thought of Chuuya or Dazai since this story of the detective agency began...

They were doing something, something they didn't want her to be a part of.

"I don't have a cellphone"

Shion spoke suddenly, Kunikida raised an eyebrow looking at her from the back mirror, not understanding the need of a cellphone at the moment, fortunately Kenji did.

"you must miss your parents, do you want to call Chuuya-san or Dazai-san?"

He spoke cheerfully, handing her his cellphone without a care in the world not even waiting for her answer.

She took the cellphone, a bit surprised by the blonde's trust.

She opened it, it didn't even have a password, she looked to her side, Kanji was smiling encouragingly, he looked like a puppy.

(Author-san doesn't have favorites...)

She opened the contacts and looked briefly at the time and date...

She hadn't realized her time perception was so off, nor that it had been so long since she had checked the date.

It was Friday the 17th of October-

She suddenly spoke in italian
"Oh no... no no no no, tutto ma questo no!"
'oh no ... anything but this!'

"What?! What is it?! did something happen to the Dazai-san or Chuuya-san"
Kunikida asked, agitated by her change in language, eyes not leaving the road.