Emotions are overrated

How sad, yet

Beautiful, is

The dark brutal

Soul.

- Osip Madelstam

You may have noticed that Dazai still sees Shion as a pawn, a disposable plaything, there to dim Chuuya's insecurity about being human.
For him, her value is proportional to how he can use her

With time he will start to see just how well Shion actually fits in between Chuuya's and his dynamic (modestly I created her for that) and will start to care for her in the same possessive, slightly twisted way he cares for Chuuya...

How I intend to write Soukoku

Chuuya and Dazai have a codependent almost symbiotic relationship, at first based on the compatibility of their abilities when they were teens and then, on the way they see the world.

Shion relationship with them starts in the same way, she is dependent on them because of her ability and then will discover how they see the world in similar colours. (Pun intended)

In this story, Chuuya and Dazai's 'love' isn't based on a voluble emotional bond:
They didn't fall in love with eachother, they chose eachother as their other half; because or this they know their partner won't ever leave them for reasons such as 'they weren't in love anymore'

In this story Dazai and Chuuya, and soon they'll discover Shion too.
Have a particular take on emotional bonds:

Dazai sees emotions as an instrument, a way to manipulate and predict what people will do (the reason why he managed to beat Fyodor, he played on human emotions).
He knows Chuuya doesn't follow his emotions but a moral code, because of this he is loyal to a fault, towards him and only him. He doesn't really need to manipulate Chuuya, but he likes the reactions he gets out of him.
In the end, the red head will do whatever he asks without hesitation, with or without manipulation.

Chuuya on the other hand, down right doesn't trust emotional people, they are unpredictable. For him emotions are uncertain and fickle things, he himself was betrayed due to the change of heart of the sheep.
Dazai is calculative and always has a reason when he does something, that's why he blindly trusts his judgement.

Chuuya thinks that, because of his origins he can't be called human, and still doesn't understand how humans can be so emotional.

Dazai thinks that because of how he acts and has acted towards other people he can't be considered human either.
(the inside joke of his ability doesn't help)

Both are perfectly human, just autistic and slightly sociopathic.
(Which apparently is the mood for every ability user)

___________________________________________
This brings forth a question

Who said humans are a constant?

The said 'average human' is a mixture of the most common traits, taken form a selected bunch of people, but none of them had all of the traits at once.

An average is taken to determinate the average human.
But an average is an average. Not a constant.
We might compare being average to perfection, no matter how close you get, you will never be complete average or perfect.

I'll start writing the next chapter soon, and please if you can, comment on bloodbath for possible title for the next books.

Thanks.