How to be a father: first lesson, don't threaten the child

English
Japanese
Others

And I noticed something, in the last chapter, thanks to a comment of Acabeidecaga

my keyboard autocorrected the name of the girl, it's not "Shiro" but "Shion"
And Chuuya's skepticism was because they knew she was a foreign so she couldn't have a Japanese name.

Photo reveal of Shion at the end, she should be a bit older but the image gives the idea
___________________________________________

"start from the beginning" a sentence, that's all it took, she felt pathetic as the panic surged, memories she loathed coming to the surface.

In the depths of her mind, a tempest brewed-an intangible storm that rumbled.

Her heart, a fluttering bird trapped within its cage, beat an erratic rhythm, echoing through her veins like the distant rumblings of thunder.

Nervousness gripped her like an invisible hand, tightening around her chest, making it difficult to draw a steady breath.

Her thoughts now tumbled like leaves caught in a gusty wind, swirling in disarray to the point that they merged into nothingness.
An empty blank slate cascaded through her mind like rushing waters from her head to her face, neck, and shoulders, an all too familiar felling of cold chill follow.

Then she felt the weight of the gaze of the two people in front of her the silence that brews between her and the people in that room felt like a guillotine that hung above her head, waiting for it to drop-snap.

Restlessness played upon her blood-coated hands as they danced- tapped and fidgeted- seeking solace in movement, hahaha hallucinations, that's a new one in her list.

Her palms gripping the hem of her shirt gifted to her by an unknown lady, as the fabric takes in the inner battle that she fought and spreads for her eyes to see. The sensation of pins and needles prickled her neck, a tangling reminder of pain coursing through her every nerve-ending sense, an endless reminder of what she could NOT remember, not now.

How long was it that she felt this kind of nervousness?

Was it when she first manifested her ability?

Or was it when she first used it in someone?

But whichever the cause and scenario, her senses never forget to heighten and be on edge, grasping at every fleeting sensation. The world around her seemed to buzz with an intensity that she alone perceived- the soft result of invisible threat hanging above her, no, in front of her.
She saw the memories of that doctor, she knew what the person in front of her had done, could do to her, mercy didn't seam like something he indulged in as far as she saw.

"thief-san?" The question broke her out of her daze

Curse fucking trauma, she didn't need it at the moment!
Oh- she was shaking, great, stop shaking damnit!! Stupid body, she was not scared
As scared as someone could be with the boss of the port mafia, hahahaHAHa
Fuck she was hysterical now.

She took a deep breath like it could chase away her nervousness.

"I... take that you knew my ability already" she placed at Ranpo "and all those questions were to buy him time to get here" she gesture vaguely in Dazai direction habits taking over, play it cool play it cool play it cool

"Yeah, people in your visual perimeter can be affected by reality chancing, while if your target is closer you can read their throughs" Ranpo replied bored

"Ah- yes... That's incredibly and surprisingly specific... But... No, That's the new bit, you know experiments and all" she nervously chuckles

"What?" Ranpo said, suddenly interested
"Care to explain?" Dazai urged