burned bridges

Kin was pissed off.

Fae were being name-called of all things, by Kal. Fae don't remember how fae managed to piss him off but fae did. He was just taunting faem now, goading a reaction then biting when fae barked. And yeah, Kin was saying shit back, fae wasn't innocent.

Then Kal called faem delusional.

He seemingly smiled more when Kin jolted back before fae started raging back. Poor Ax was caught in the middle, unable to stop either of them when Kal told him to back off, which prompted Kin to fight on Ax's behalf. Kal, of course, called it out, how they couldn't even get over their own 'friendship' troubles- He used air quotes when describing the nature of their relationship, which pissed Kin off even more. Fae were getting sick of people assuming things about faer friendship with Ax.

"He don't even trust ya, Kin Kin."

Fae needed to fucking leave before this fight became phsyical, "Yes, he does."

"Yeah?" Kal sneered, crossing his arms. Ax looked ready to start yelling, "Did he hesitate, ah bet they did."

Ax faltered for a moment behind Kal, Kin saw and fae had promised faemself fae wouldn't talk about this until Ax brought it up, "Fuck off, you always do this!" Kin yelled, looking away for faer bag, fae needed to leave, "We start getting all friendly then you fucking drop this, you're self destructing!"

Kal went rigid, empowering Kin so fae continued, "You ruin yours and Ax's relationships for no good fucking reason and then you act all miserable."

Silence between them, Ax looked horrified.

"Not going to answer me?" Fae goaded.

Kal looked fucking pissed, his red eye seemingly glowing, "We ain't friends, ah don' gotta respond to ya - yer not someone ah care about enough to talk to about this." He stopped, then reconsidered his words, "Learn yer place."

What.

"And where's that?" Fae asked, grabbing faer bag, "Where's my 'place'?" Kin took a step closer, "Sitting and asking no questions? Wasting away in my Father's Manor? Avoiding you and Ax?" Kin was mere inches away from Kal.

Then he huffed a small laugh out, "Ya know what, yeah." Kin faltered, "Why are ya still tryna help - yer not doing much, no wonder yer old man wanted to put ya to use." He glared up at Kin, who suddenly felt so small.

Kin heard Ax stand up, the chair scraping against the wooden floor and then him yelling "What the fuck, Kal?!" But it was distant. Kin stared right into Kal's guiltless eyes. Fine.

Fae pushed past Kal, walking past Ax who contemplated stopping faem but then decided to turn on Kal. Fae walked out, slamming the door behind faem as fae headed straight for the exit, fae needed out. Tears were already falling down faer face as fae walked past Celene at the front desk, she called out to Kin but fae ignored her (feeling awful for doing so when she has done nothing but be kind to faem) and stormed out. Fae thought fae saw Damaia following but couldn't be sure.

The sun was already setting but fae didn't care. No one dared try and stop faem as fae walked all the way out to Zardos' cabin, fae refused to be anywhere near Kal. Not after those words.It's no wonder fae were being put to use. That was faer place.

He has no fucking clue the trauma Kin experienced in the name of being 'useful' to the family. The only people who cared about Kin was faer brother and uncle, that was it. Kin would never fucking dare say something that hurtful to Kal, implicate him to be so below faem.

Clearly Kal didnt care.

Kin pushed open the door and walked in, hit with the scent of raw iron. Right. Ax had bled out here.

Fae closed the door and leaned on it, sinking down to the ground and curled up. The pent up stress from the last few days came crashing out of faem as fae sobbed, Kin could hardly breathe between the sobs.

Learn faer place.

Kin spent years unlearing that place, trying to not let faer trauma consume faer life. Years of work out of the window.

Kin was practically worthless like this.

The sobs eventually subsided hours after, just sat there like a hollow shell. Kin couldn't go back right now, they still had days until they had to leave for Zraz, so they could wait for faem to come back. Faer only guilt was leaving Ax behind, but Kin couldn't see Kal. He had demeaned faem so ruthlessly.

The smell of blood hit faer nose again.

Kin should clean up, it was unfair for Zardos' final memory be ruined. Fae winced when fae got up, bones sluggish but refusing to listen to faer body screaming at faem. Finding water and a rag, Kin got to cleaning up the blood, and acute sense of being watching but ignoring it. If it was Kal, Ax would be here. Fae should read the letters, or at least stack them neatly for if Ax wanted to come back.

Once Kin had tidied up Zardos' cabin, fae looked out the window, the sun was rising.Fae didn't want to go back, not yet.

Kin needed to sleep.