letter

I don't know how to begin this, so I shall just start writing.

Koa has been taken. I was supposed to be taking care of him, and I let him get kidnapped. I have failed him, again.

I am searching for him, I will not stop until I find him or I am killed.

My brother doesn't deserve whatever is happening to him, we were just getting out from under our Father and learning to be happy. We found people we could call friends. We were helping our friend.

I was helping.

I wanted to help?

I am not sure if anyone else wanted to do this, go retrieve information from a dangerous group in order to help Ax.

I'm doing this for Ax.

And because I want to do this for Ax.

I lost Koa.

I'm sorry, Koa.

I have the scarf I gave you all those years ago when you were found hiding aboard Uncle Kel's ship. You were freezing. I still don't understand why you hid yourself, Kel (and I) would've invited you with open arms.

Regardless, we were happy until I got suck. Or, I thought we were happy?

You seemed happy with K. Genuinely happy.

I dont like him; he has never given me a reason to trust him, from the moment he showed up. Everytime something has happened with Ax, K has been gone until everything was over. He's odd.

My distaste for him is mostly superficial now.

But you are friendly with him, you talk with him and you just get along?

Like Ax and I. We're getting along.

Koa, I'm such a hypocrite.

I need K to help me find you.

He knows something about whatever happened to you.

I want to make sure he's good for you, you've been hurt enough, Koa. You deserve good.

It's nearly our birthday.

You don't celebrate it like me, but I appreciate that you entertain my excitement.

I dont want to celebrate without you.

This has become a letter to Koa, rather than about. My plan is not to let anyone see this. Although, as I'm writing, K is looking at me from across the fire.

It's some form of pity, I think.

I'm going to make sure you're okay, Koa.

K, I'm going to figure you out.

It's Ax's turn for night watch, I'm going to sleep.

Goodnight.