3

The days went by and soon, Elizabet and her coven were getting ready to leave for another area. She packed the little things she had and headed out with them, using a spell to match their speed.

As they ran, a sound caught Elizabet's ears. It was loud, like thunder. What made it curious was the fact that the thunderstorm that was meant to pick up soon had not even hit yet. Suddenly, Laurent jumped in the air, catching something swiftly before coming back down.

He looked down at the object in his hand. A baseball. He looked back up with a smirk, "Vampires." He looked at Elizabet, who didn't know whether to smile back or shy away.

James turned to Elizabet swiftly and told her in his slightly taunting and condescending voice, "You, little witch, remember that they cannot know you're a witch. They'll-"

"Kill me." She finished, gulping a little.

He nodded, "You know the drill."

She nodded back to him and then looked down at her feet to show that she would comply. James nodded in approval and they began to walk in, Elizabet standing just behind Laurent as they moved.

She knew she was sticking out like a sore thumb, her shyness a large contrast to their confident movement.

When she found herself in a large open field with vampires. All with golden eyes, she realized what she had been feeling in that town that was so different. These vampires were golden-eyed, they were good. The slight purity of them seemed to stick out compared to the impurity of the vampires she'd called her coven.

Though, there was something there that made her curious. She felt something different from the vampires that surrounded her.

Human.

The pale skinned vampires before her huddled together and watched as they strolled in, standing their ground.

Laurent held up the baseball with a grin, "I believe this belongs to you." He tossed the ball blindingly fast to the golden haired man at the front and center of the group. He caught the ball quickly and easily, smiling politely, "Thank you."

Elizabet's eyes wandered over the coven. The beauty of the Sun Children, like the legends said, never ceased to draw her in.

Her eyes scanned over the eight figures standing there confidently. She quickly found the human and her eyes stayed on her a little longer than they should have before they moved once again.

There was the golden-blonde haired man who appeared to be the leader, then a woman with beautiful brown hair. The dark brown haired man with a build that made him look like he could take on a bear even if he were human stood tall but casually, a smirk on his face to show his cockiness. Another gorgeous golden-blonde haired woman stood there as well.

The other vampires were a short dark brown haired girl with pixie hair that seemed to oddly stick out in all the right places and a golden-blonde haired man who looked more on edge than any of the others. He seemed in his element while also being a fish out of water.

His vampire charm seemed to pull Elizabet in a little. She moved her eyes away from him before she got too enchanted by his looks. She found the human and the vampire leaning over her protectively. The vampire had dark brown hair and didn't seem very comfortable with the situation in the least bit, a large contrast to the rest of the coven who seemed laid back enough. The brunette human seemed curious and a little scared.

Elizabet could sense the ones with gifts. They seemed to stick out, have a certain glow about them as a result of them once being referred to as the "Chosen Ones".

Laurent introduced them all, breaking Elizabet from her daze as she observed the vampires before her, "I am Laurent. And this is Victoria, James, and Elizabet." James was focused on the human, staring interested at her and the brunette towering over her protectively.

Elizabet shifted slightly as she was introduced. She didn't want to seem to out of the ordinary, vampire wise, but she was never really good at seeming confident. Her witch secret had always left her unconscious and it didn't help that both her parents, when they were alive, were always slightly scared of what their heritage could bring to them.

"I'm Carlisle, this is my family." The leader of the coven introduced, looking toward the group of gorgeous vampires.

Laurent smiled as he responded, "Hello." As Elizabet's coven watched Carlisle's intensely, Elizabet noticed the focused eyes watching them back.

Carlisle spoke, "I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us."

Laurent replied, "Our apologies. We didn't realize this territory had been claimed." Elizabet glanced at him for a split second before looking back to the large coven, glad James was too focused on the human to notice her hesitance.

Carlisle continued, "Yes, well, we maintain a permanent residence nearby."

Laurent looked over at James, who doesn't glance back, then over to Victoria and Elizabet. His look of surprise was exchanged with Victoria, while Elizabet only looked uncomfortable. Laurent questioned, "Really?"

He finally looked back a Carlisle and told him, "Well, we won't be a problem anymore."

Victoria spoke up then, "The humans were tracking us, but we lead them East. You should be safe."

Elizabet squirmed a little under the gaze of so many vampires, never being this exposed to so many before. This didn't go unnoticed by any of them. The only gaze that didn't burn into her skin was the gaze of the human who never stayed fixated on one person.

Carlisle nodded to her with a polite smile, "Excellent."

Laurent spoke then, "So, could you use four more players?"

James corrected rather quickly, the first time he'd spoken since they arrived, "Three more players." Elizabet didn't want to admit it but she felt slightly relieved that she wasn't playing, she didn't know how to play and highly doubted she'd be able to catch up to everyone and not end up getting injured by their speed and strength.

Laurent revised, "Of course...three more players."

Elizabet could feel more than one gaze on her now from the rather large coven standing before her. Carlisle's coven looked over at their leader quickly.

"Oh, come on. Just one game." Laurent spoke, his voice light-hearted.

Carlisle's smile returned, a small slightly nervous chuckle with his words, "Sure, why not? A few of us were leaving. You can take their place. Who'll bat first?"

Victoria caught the baseball as Carlisle threw it over to Elizabet. Victoria quickly covered for her, catching the ball before it hit her. It took everything she had not to flinch at the ball getting so close or flat out scream.

Victoria smiled, "I'm the one with the wicked curve ball."

One of Carlisle's coven members spoke, instantly drawing Elizabet in, "Oh, well, I think we can handle that." The smirk that had spread across his lips only worked to draw Elizabet in more, but she had to act unphased by it.

Laurent smiled, glad that they were able to have some fun, "Oh!" Carlisle's coven smiled as they started going to their positions. Laurent turned to Elizabet and told her, "Why don't you find a spot to watch?"

Elizabet nodded, grabbing his hand quickly, giving a little squeeze, and turning toward the way they came so she could find a good spot to watch from.