14

Back at school, everyone was anticipating graduation. It was already time. They were just waiting to get word from the school over who was valedictorian. Everyone was certain it was either Jessica or Elizabet. As much as that would be great, she didn't need conflict with any of the humans.

So Elizabet made sure the teachers chose Jessica instead of her. Her grades weren't put on the backburner. She just knew a simple spell to ensure Jessica won that honor. She didn't need anymore honor.

Jasper and Elizabet joined Edward and Bella at the human table. "Yo, Elizabet!" Eric greeted as she sat down, Jasper sitting next to her.

She smiled and waved, "Hey, Eric. What're you guys talking about?"

"My graduation speech, which is going to sound absolutely amazing," Jessica said.

Mike nodded, "Yeah, 'my fellow students', right?"

"Yeah," Eric agreed. Elizabet smiled as she looked around the table and listened.

"Right?" Mike joked, "'We are the future, anything is possible if you just believe'."

"Nice," Angela nodded.

Mike continued looking at the paper, reading fake words off of it, "Blah, blah, blah..." He handed the paper to Jessica, "Perfect, there you go. I just wrote your speech."

Elizabet shared a laugh with the table. She shook her head, "No, this will be my speech when I want everyone to throw diplomas at my head. So..."

She crumbled the paper and threw it at Mike, who only smiled as it hit him in the face. "Thank you," she finished.

"Ya gotta embrace the cliches, Jess," Mike said.

Eric spoke, "We are the bread and butter of all valedictorians."

Angela commented to him, "And that is why you aren't valedictorian.And Jess doesn't need cliches."

Jessica looked at Elizabet, "I gotta say, Elizabet, I really thought, for a second, that you were going to be valedictorian. I mean...it's you."

She didn't know whether to take that as a compliment or a cover up for an insult. She glanced at Edward for a quick second, unsure if he was poking around in Jessica's head. The looked on his face, however subtle, told her everything she needed to know.

Classic Jessica.

Elizabet took in a breath and told her, "Well... You earned it."

Jessica smiled, "I did, didn't I?"

Elizabet concealed her smile as best she could and just grabbed Jasper's hand instead. He cleared his throat to keep away his own smirk.

Bella saved the moment as she spoke up, "The speech is gonna be epic."

Jessica added, "Epic? It'll change lives."

Alice and Cole joined the others at the table. When she sat down, Alice happily said, "I've decided to throw a party.

Jasper gave a sarcastic look to Edward, who smiled at it. Jasper commented, "After all, how many times are we gonna graduate high school?"

Elizabet nudged him playfully and whispered for him to behave, which he laughed at. Edward smiled knowingly and Cole snickered. Elizabet then covered her face with her hands, rubbing them like she had something in them to distract the humans from it.

Angela was dumbstruck, all the humans at the table were. She asked, "A party, at your place?"

"I've never seen your house," Jessica commented.