15. Yuvi - Gambhir

I know they are an odd couple to write a story about, but I still tried to write a cute one. 😅💖

💞💞💞

"You're gonna love it, I promise," Yuvraj said, his eyes gleaming with excitement as he opened the door to his office. The room was spotless, not a single paper out of place, a stark contrast to the usual chaos that Gautam was accustomed to in his own workspace.

Gautam, a man of few words, nodded skeptically, his eyes darting around the room. "Looks... organized," he mumbled, trying to hide his anxiety behind a forced smile.

Yuvraj chuckled, walking over to his desk and plopping down in the chair with the confidence of a man who owned the place. "That's what you get when you marry the CEO," he said with a wink. "Now, tell me about your day. Did you finally catch that bug in the software?"

Gautam sighed, his shoulders slumping slightly. "Still working on it," he replied, his voice filled with frustration. "It's like playing hide and seek with a gremlin."

Yuvraj leaned forward, his elbows on the desk, and studied Gautam intently. "You know, you're pretty cute when you're grumpy," he said, a playful smirk playing on his lips.

Gautam's cheeks flushed, and he cleared his throat, looking anywhere but at Yuvraj. "I'm not grumpy," he protested, a hint of defensiveness in his tone. "Just... focused."

"Mm-hmm," Yuvraj hummed, unconvinced. "Well, I've got a surprise for you, Mr. Focused. A little something to help you unwind."

The tension in the room grew palpable as Gautam looked up, curiosity piqued. "What is it?" he asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

Yuvraj leaned back in his chair, steepling his fingers. "You'll see," he said mysteriously. "But first, let's talk about your project. I've got a meeting in five, but I want to make sure you're not going to pull an all-nighter again."

Gautam rolled his eyes, but the corners of his mouth twitched upwards. "I can handle it," he said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I know you can," Yuvraj said gently. "But I don't want you to have to. "
The two men locked eyes, and for a moment, Gautam felt a warmth spread through him that had nothing to do with the office heating. He nodded, feeling a strange mix of comfort and trepidation. This was all so new, this sudden arranged marriage to his boss. But as Yuvraj's gaze held his, he couldn't help but feel a flicker of something else: hope.

"Okay," Gautam said finally, his voice a little softer. "But you can't blame me if I can't resist solving a good puzzle."

Yuvraj chuckled. "Fair enough," he said, standing up. "But after work, we're doing something fun, got it?"

Gautam nodded, unable to resist the pull of Yuvraj's charm. "Fine," he agreed, "but no more surprises. You're going to give me a heart attack."

"You're married to me now," Yuvraj said with a laugh. "You're going to have to get used to it."

The room felt smaller as Yuvraj approached, his footsteps echoing in the quiet space. Gautam's heart thudded in his chest, and he took a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves. Yuvraj stopped in front of him, his hand reaching out to gently tug at the sleeve of Gautam's shirt.

"Come on," he said, his voice low and inviting. "Let's go. I've got a surprise for you."

Gautam swallowed hard, his mind racing. What could it be? A dinner out? A new gadget? Something more... intimate? He took Yuvraj's hand, his own trembling slightly, and allowed himself to be led out of the office.