18. They don't know about us

"Hey, did you see Hardik with his new... whatever he is?" a voice whispered as the college hallways filled with the usual buzz of students.

"Yeah, Kl Rahul. So not cool, right?" another giggled, glancing over at the couple.

Rahul looked up from his textbook, his heart racing. He knew the whispers were about him and Hardik.

He was the nerdy, clumsy guy who had somehow scored the school's heartthrob. It was a mystery to everyone else, but to Rahul, it was the most natural thing in the world.

Hardik strutted into the room, his confidence palpable, and all heads turned. He didn't even seem to notice the whispers as he made his way to Rahul.

"Hey, babe," Hardik said, flashing his million-dollar smile.

Rahul couldn't help but blush, his cheeks warming as he returned the smile. "Hi, Hardik."

Ignoring the stares, Hardik gracefully sat on Rahul's lap, wrapping his arms around him. The room grew quieter, the whispers replaced by a mix of envy and confusion.

It was unlike anything anyone had ever seen before, especially from someone like Hardik Pandya, the boy who could have anyone he wanted.

"What's up?" Hardik asked, his voice dropping to a murmur as he nuzzled into Rahul's neck.

Rahul's heart fluttered, and he struggled to focus on his book. "Just studying for the math test."

"Math? Ugh, I hate that stuff," Hardik said, making a face.

"Well, someone has to love it," Rahul teased, his voice thick with affection.

"As long as you're around to save me, I'll survive," Hardik chuckled, kissing him lightly on the cheek.

Their friend Ishan watched from afar, a knowing smile playing on his lips. He knew the truth behind their dynamic; how Hardik was the gentle giant in private, and Rahul, the quiet genius who tamed him. But that was their little secret.

Shubman, Ishan's awkward but lovable boyfriend, tugged on his sleeve. "Why do they call him 'Kl', like mocking him?"

Ishan sighed, rolling his eyes. "It's just because he's not as outgoing as Hardik. They think he's 'klutzy'."

Shubman frowned. "But he's so sweet and smart. Why do they have to be mean?"

Ishan shrugged. "Jealousy's a weird thing, Shub."

Shubman nodded thoughtfully. "They don't know what they're missing out on."

Just then, Hardik looked up from his cuddling spot on Rahul's lap. "Ishan, you're not gossiping about us again, are you?"

"Who, me?" Ishan feigned innocence, his grin giving him away. "Never!"

Hardik rolled his eyes and leaned back into Rahul's embrace. "I don't know why everyone's so surprised we're together. You're perfect for me, Rahul."

Rahul's cheeks grew redder. "You really think so?"

"Of course," Hardik said, his voice earnest. "You put up with all my nonsense and still love me. What more could I ask for?"

The room grew even quieter as the whispers died down. Some of the students exchanged glances, realizing that maybe there was more to the couple than they had given them credit for.

Shubman leaned in closer to Ishan. "Do you think they're, you know, happy?"

Ishan nodded. "Yeah, I do. They're just two guys who found each other, you know?"

"But, like, really happy?" Shubman persisted, his eyes wide.

"They're head over heels," Ishan whispered back, his voice filled with warmth. "Rahul's the one who brings out the best in him. You should see them when no one's around."