Our scent - 5

Special mention : sayyedsisters

I wrote this chapter at lightning speed to post today because it's a very special day - our favorite little prince and Hardik's partner in crime, Agastya's birthday! 🎉👑🎂 Wishing him a super happy birthday filled with all the joy and happiness in the world! 🎈💖🎁 May his day be as amazing as his father is! 🌟🥳

💞💞💞

The day of Agastya's birth was as chaotic as a Mumbai monsoon. Rain pounded the hospital windows as Hardik gripped Rahul's hand, his face a mask of concentration and pain. The mafia king had never felt so helpless, his heart racing with every contraction.

"Breathe," he murmured, his own breaths matching Hardik's. "You're doing amazing, baby."

Hardik's eyes found Rahul's, his trust unwavering. "I need to push," he gasped, his body tensing.

Rahul nodded, his own eyes filling with tears. "Okay, now," he said, his voice firm. And with a strength that seemed to come from the very depths of his soul, Hardik pushed.

Agastya emerged into the world with a lusty cry, his tiny fists waving in the air. The room fell silent, the only sound the gentle patter of rain outside. The doctor placed the squalling baby in Rahul's arms, and for a moment, the world stopped spinning.

He looked down at him, his dark hair plastered to his forehead, his eyes squeezed shut in protest. "Hello, little one," he whispered, his voice thick with emotion. "Welcome to the madness."

Rahul handed him to Hardik, who cradled him with a tenderness that took his breath away. "Agastya," he murmured, his voice filled with awe. "You're perfect."

Hardik looked up at Rahul, his eyes shining with joy and exhaustion. "You should hold him," he said, his voice cracking. "He's your son too."

Rahul took the baby, his hands shaking slightly. He had never felt anything so small, so delicate, so alive. "Hey, little warrior," he whispered, his voice hoarse. "You're going to be the heart of this city, just like your mother."

💞💞💞

The first few days were a blur of diaper changes, midnight feedings, and cuddles that seemed to last an eternity. They talked in hushed tones, their conversations revolving around the baby's every move and sound. "Did you see that smile?" Hardik asked one night, his voice filled with wonder. "It was just for you."

Rahul leaned over the crib, his heart swelling. "I'm going to spoil him rotten," he said, his voice filled with love. "He's going to have everything he ever needs."

Hardik chuckled, his eyes soft. "Including a father who loves him too much," he said, his gaze on their son.

The conversations grew more playful as the days passed. "What do you think he'll be when he grows up?" Hardik asked, as they watched Agastya kick his legs in the air.

Rahul pretended to ponder the question. "A cricketer," he said finally, a grin spreading across his face. "The best Mumbai has ever seen."

Hardik rolled his eyes, but his smile was genuine. "Or a perfumer," he countered. "The greatest Pandya the world has ever known."

"A mafia boss," Rahul teased, his eyes sparkling. "Feared and respected by all."

They both burst into laughter, the sound a balm to their tired souls. It was a small, sweet moment in the chaos of their lives, a promise of the joy that lay ahead.

💞💞💞

As Agastya grew, so did their love for each other. They watched the baby's eyes light up when he smelled the flowers in the garden, the way he cooed when Hardik played with him, and the fierce way he clung to Rahul when he was scared. They talked about everything, from the mundane to the profound, finding joy in the simple act of sharing their thoughts and feelings.