The Apollo Brothers; Chapter Seven

7.

                “We’re here.”

                I blinked my eyes open and looked passed Austin. A beautiful house stood tall with surrounding trees. It had large windows and a footpath leading to the front door. The house was painted white. It was really high classed; something I didn’t think existed in Miles. I felt fine as I began walking to the house with Austin leading me. The furniture inside was very modern and sophisticated. Everything was hi-tech, with gadgets I had never seen before. I sat on the leather couch and looked around; this was like a house from a designer magazine.

                “Did you want something to eat?” Austin asked. I shook my head. He nodded before he continued. “We’ll wait for Ethan and Zane; they’ll be here any moment.”

                                                                                          ***

                “So I guess we have a lot of explaining to cover before the end of tonight,” Zane stated, his eyes fixed on mine. I nodded. The three brothers were sitting around me and intently watching me.

                “Remember the little alien stories your Uncle Kyle told you?” inquired Austin as he adjusted himself on the couch.

                “Mhmm…”

                “Well they’re all true as a matter of fact. You’re grandma did know an alien. She mated with one.” When Austin realized I was not going to speak he pressed on. “Normally with hybrids, they skip generations. You’re the third case we’ve ever heard about. Initially you aren’t born a full hybrid, you only have alien blood. But once you are near the brink of death, the blood will take action and hence change you into a hybrid.” I was contemplating the words he spoke, his brothers continued to watch me intently.

                “Is this a joke?” I muttered. “You can’t prove it, can you?”

                “We can, you have certain… abilities as a hybrid.” Zane exclaimed.  “For starters, all of us aliens can see the past and future of our own lives.”

                “Our?”

                “We’re all aliens. We’re from a different planet actually.” Zane snickered. He casually splayed his legs on the couch.

                “What the…” the idea was unfathomable; it was too difficult to comprehend. Zane chuckled. He found it funny that I was perplexed by the idea? Austin’s face showed signs of empathy, while Ethan’s face only showed signs of coldness.

                “You know how you said you dreamed that the guy died, and then it happened? Well, that was one of the first of your many premonitions that you’ll have.” So Ethan was telling the truth. They all were, dreams like those don’t occur in reality. Austin was telling me that it was a premonition? Slowly the pieces of the puzzle were finally fitting together. Why I had never been sick, why I hadn’t had the need to go to the hospital, why I healed so quickly, the dream…

                “Do you know how… how he died…?” I shot a look at Ethan whose face had only grown colder.

                “We are not alone. There are others.” Ethan urged. “The other hybrids, they were hunted. Killed, because they have a vast knowledge of both humans and aliens. As aliens, it’s in our nature to want to learn, to absorb knowledge from others, which leads to death.”