20. Vroom! Vroom!

"No there were no hot guys that saved me from tripping on my own lehenga! " I told Sharanya for the hundredth time.

She gave me a suggestive look that only made me hit her head with the file I was holding. She was hell bent on setting me up with someone and I felt like killing her for that.

According to her, men in kurta were top-tier, which I agreed with, so she thought that I would have definitely flirted with some hot guy in the wedding and was now secretly texting him all night.

I wish.

"No way, are you telling me you didn't use the golden opportunity to steal the groom's shoes and then romance with his younger brother? " Sharanya sighed dramatically, as if she was auditioning for the role of my matchmaker. She breathed bollywood chickflicks to survive.

She was behaving so much like that nagging aunty who wanted to shove his son's proposal in my hand.

"Uh.. Will you stop !?" I began to leave from there but somebody grabbed my hand and it was sure as hell not Sharanya.

Her hand wasn't that.. manly?

I turned around to find Nirav standing there with cup of coffee in his hand. I raised my eyebrows to ask him what he wanted but he simply pointed at the coffee.

Alright..?

"Coffee? " he asked innocently, as if he was God's sent angel. Okay, what did he want now?

"No thanks, I prefer tea. " Prefered was too small a word, I LOVED tea.

"But we don't have tea here." his brows furrowed.

"That's exactly why I don't like coming to this office. " Seriously,  like what am I supposed to do if I feel like drinking chai, especially in the afternoon.

Though us chai-lovers always find a way, so there's this tapri near our office that sells the best cutting chai. I usually go there during breaks.

"Cut the formality Nirav, what do you want? " I narrowed my eyes at him as I folded my hands.

He definitely wanted a favor so he was buttering me up.

He gave me a sheepish smile as he gave me the '1 sec' gesture and walked towards his cabin. He came back later with his ipad and a small checklist.

Noo...

"I just need-" he began but couldn't finish.

"NO!" I cut him off.

"Listen Rivaa-"

"NO."

"But-"

"I'm not doing your sorting for you. " I glared at him.

This was the most dreadful work to do, sorting the events, checklists, clients, ideas, plans, workers, transport and all that kind of stuff. It was like making a timetable, but for the month. I hated doing that stuff.

"Please Rivaah, I would've done that myself but I have to visit the site. " he gave me the puppy eyes.

Uhhh

Work was stiff since the morning, the work on site was progressing at a rate faster than my cells would divide. We were burdened to handle both, the institution as well as the app.

If I worked this hard at making a money printer, I would be the richest girl in the country.

"What will I get in return? " I gave him a side eye as I considered his request. His eyes brightened as he gave me a mega-watt smile.