25. He's your father

Rivaah's POV

"Bitch, I almost got married today."

"What!? Where's my invitation?" I almost screamed into the phone, knowing how annoyed Vedika must be at my words. The line went silent for a while before I was showered with wonderful profanities that were sweeter to me than any endearments. I couldn't help the laugh that bubbled inside me.

"Yeah, right. You're finding it funny because it didn't happen to you. Laugh at me, my existence is no less than a joke anyway."

"Aww, senti mat ho ab. Atleast tell me what happened first." I teased her.

" You remember Neel from college?" She asked and I hummed in response. Neel was a fellow batchmate of Vedika and I knew him because he was crazy in love with her, or atleast he claimed to be. And by crazy I meant literal I-could-do-anything-for-you-crazy. But all he ever did was create problems for us.

"What about him?" I prompted, leaving the laptop aside giving her my full attention.

"He proposed me again." She sighed and I chuckled at her words. It was nothing new, anyway. I was about to go back on my laptop when her next words shocked me. "In my house."

"What the hell!!"

Was he crazy?

I just said he was, didn't I?

But still.

Did he not know about how strict her parents were? Even during college, Vedika had rejected him several times but he always had the audacity to ask again. I mean, it is good to try but one should learn to take a no after several failed attempts.

"What exactly happened!!? Tell me everything." I perched up on chair, sitting upright. I looked around to find no one around. I guess they were still not back from the canteen, there was still time left for the lunch break to get over.

"So I was watching FRIENDS in the living room, as always, and suddenly I hear the doorbell. I went to open the door, and almost got a heartattack when I saw Neel standing on the porch, a bouquet in his hands." She took a dramatic pause before saying, "And he was wearing a fucking TUXEDO!!"

The hell?

"That boy is nuts." I mused on the phone, still wondering how could such a thought even cross someone's mind. People were too much, sometimes. Most of the times.

"Right? "

"What did you do, then? Don't tell me you let him in."

"Oh, hell no. I closed the door on his face." She said, pride evident in her voice.

"That's my girl." I said, equally proud of her.

"But you know what he did next? He fucking kept ringing the doorbell so I had to open the door at last." She exasperated.

"No he did not...."

" And... when I opened the door, he fucking fell on his knees infront of me. To confess his love for me. Again. " She yelled on the call and I had to pull away for a second to not loose my hearing.

"What is wrong with him...", I added.

"That wasn't even the worst part," her voice slowed dramatically as she took a long breath, creating the build up. " My mother walked in right then."

"NOOO"

"YESS"

"What then? Did she beat him out of the house and you to death?"

"Nope, I pushed Neel's head down so that he was touching my feet as I told my mom that he was here so I could tie Rakhi on his hand since he was out of town during Rakshabandhan. " she completed, and I had no idea if I should laugh at the situation or..well I should laugh.