White Horse

-Last LA Show-

I wave one last time to the crowd before going back to my dressing room. I hurry to change into a comfy matching set and take my bag. I am so excited to go to Mexico. This past week, I planned all the activities I wanted to do with the girls, so I didn't have time to think about my broken heart. I am on my way to feeling good.

I get on the plane and take out my to-do list for the trip. I am working on some details when I feel someone behind me. It's Will; he doesn't look happy.

"What is that?" he asks.

"Just what we planned with the girls to visit before the next shows. Why?"

"You didn't tell me you wanted to visit."

"Well, you didn't ask, and you're not my father. I can do whatever I want," I yell, pissed off.

"No, you can't! I am responsible for your safety. We agreed that you'll do what I tell you. I am telling you that it's not safe for you to wander around alone in Mexico City. I don't know the city, so I can't protect you."

I roll my eyes.

"I will not wander around. We made a list, and I'll be with Sabrina and Selena, so I won't be alone. I am a grown-up, you know!" Now I am mad. "It's your job to protect me everywhere I go, so when I tell you that I am going somewhere, you come with me and do your damn job!" I say more harshly than I intended.

He doesn't say anything but takes my list and goes back to his seat. That makes me lose my mind, but I don't move because the plane is taking off. If I were a cartoon character, smoke would come out of my ears.

Once we are in the air, I don't bother to take back my list. We just sit there in silence. Maybe if I weren't so tired, I would have fought back, but I am so exhausted from the shows. I let my eyes close and don't open them until we land.

-The next morning-

I give him the silent treatment. I hang out with the dancers in Kam's room. We have fun, and I even find myself laughing again.

-In the afternoon-

Sabrina and I go to the swimming pool. It's nice to feel the warmth of the sun on my skin since I haven't been outside in the daylight in a while. We talk about anything and everything. We are having such a good time that we don't go back to our room until sunset.

I leave the elevator, laughing to myself, thinking back to something Sabrina said. Will is waiting for me in front of my door with his arms crossed over his chest.

I never realized how muscular his arms were. What am I doing?! I shouldn't think that about my bodyguard. He made it clear, only a professional relationship.

"What do you want?"

He hands me my to-do list he took on the plane.

"So, because Princess Swift wants to have fun with her friends, her awesome bodyguard makes it happen," he winks at me. "There are some places I crossed out; they're too exposed and dangerous, but the other ones are fine."

I nod, really happy he changed his mind. I thank him and look at the places that are crossed out. It's almost half of the list! I am about to say something, but he is already closing the door of his room. At least he didn't cross out everything.

-The next day-

Selena arrives in Mexico. I am so happy to see her again. With Sabrina, we decide to go to the beach today as Selena must be tired from her trip, just like us. Then we will visit some ancient Aztec ruins and go to an open-air market. We have a few other activities planned, such as going to a bar and a club. I was surprised that Will didn't cross those out.

------

Tomorrow there'll be two chapter posted ;)