13

Before you start the chapter, please read the note. 

NOTE

So, I want to clarify that Lorcan is a dark character. Don't expect anything good from him. If you want to continue this book, it is your choice but in the future don't blame me if you don't like how this book turns out to be in the end. I am not promising a happy ending either. 

That's all I wanted to say. 

Enjoy!

INEZ

At my question, Lorcan looked at me with his sharp eyes and that made me shut up and pull the sheets closer to my chest in fear. Lorcan looked away from me and sat up with his back against the headboard. There is a hard expression on his face. I continued to look at him with fear and impatience. I can no longer hear what the person on the other end is saying. There is only one thought in my mind right now and that is nothing should happen to Evelyn.

"Rinne tú go maith. Labhróidh mé leat faoi níos déanaí. Coinnigh suas chun dáta mé." After saying this he cut the call. I continued to look at him as he switched off his phone and placed it on the bedside table. (You did well. I will talk with you about it later. Keep me updated)

"Lorcan..." Before I could ask again he stopped me by saying, "Evelyn has woken up. She is fine now." He told me while looking at me with an expressionless face.

"Oh my god," I said as my hands flew to my mouth in surprise. A smile appears on my face and I can feel the wetness around my eyes. My older sister, Evelyn, has woken up. I have been waiting for this moment for a long time. What will she be doing right now? Has she asked about me, Mom, and Dad? I looked at Lorcan as thousands of questions erupted in my mind.

"How is she? What are the doctors saying? When will she be discharged?" I asked again as I scooted closer to him and took his hand in mine. His gaze moved towards his hand in mine and then he looked at me again.

"I just told you, my love, she is fine. She will be discharged soon." Lorcan said while lightly caressing my cheek with his fingers. I am so happy. I look into Lorcan's eyes but see something strange in them. I could not understand what it was but it was scary. I push it at the back of my mind and think about Evelyn. I want to talk to her. I want to hear her voice.

I looked at him happily. "I want to meet her, Lorcan. Please take me to meet her. I should buy a gift for her as well. I know she will be sad when I tell her about Mom and Dad. I don't think I should tell her anything all of a sudden. What if someone has already told her? Lorcan, I think we should leave right now for Charleston. I cannot wait-"

"We are not going." Lorcan's sharp voice cut me. My all happiness faded in a second and I looked at him blankly. I look for any hint of amusement on his face that might indicate that he is not serious but I don't find any. Lorcan cannot be that heartless to not let me meet my sister or maybe I am wrong.

"Lorcan, what do you mean we are not going? My sister just woke up from a coma. Why cannot I meet her?" I asked him incredulously. I continued to look at him but he did not say anything. This made me believe that he is serious about it.

"Please... don't! Don't do this with... me," I said on the verge of crying but he did not even blink his eyes.

"I have already said what I wanted to. Nothing can change my mind and I don't see any point in meeting her now." He said nonchalantly and took his hand from mine.

"What are you saying? She is my sister." I told him. I am shocked by his coldness regarding this matter.

"She does not remember you." After hearing these words I felt like my breath left my system for a second. I feel like the time around me has stopped. It takes two to three minutes for me to come out of shock.