11. Sleepless in Tokyo

(A/n): I know - two chapters within 22 hours? Absolutely wild. I just got really excited 🤩

---

Gojo was up again. Sleep was becoming a thing of the past. Something he had once relished was gone. The sorcerer grimaced at his thought.

When the hell did life become so bitter? A series of not safe or I can't do this.

But somewhere along the lines, the narrative switched. Somewhere along the lines his priorities became clear. You were his priority. And he needed to do everything in his power to keep you safe.

"You're up?"

Satoru didn't turn to face the intruder. "I could say the same to you, Suguru. Why are you up?"

"Probably the same reason you are."

For a fraction of a second, Satoru glanced away from the window to look at his friend. "I'm up cause I needed to take a piss. Nothing else."

"Right," Suguru laughed and slapped his forehead, "That's why you've been standing by the window for fifteen minutes. Makes sense I guess."

"Exactly." The white haired boy managed to rip his stare away from the window to turn and face his friend. "I should really be pressing you though. Why are you here?"

"I already told you," he muttered as he hopped up onto the counter, "the same reason as you."

Gojo laughed, "Great, so we're both stressing about her. We're terrible, aren't we? Worse than those - what do you call them? Oh yeah - helicopter parents."

Geto reciprocated the chuckle, "Helicopter boyfriends. That's got a nice ring to it."

"We should totally make a theme song for ourselves. Kind of like how Batman has one."

"That's so stupid." Geto adjusted himself on the counter, "But I think you're onto something. We should totally have a theme song. That sounds so badass."

"Are we . . . " Satoru scratched his head, "Holy shit . . . are we stupid?"

Geto slapped a hand over his mouth to try and stifle his loud laugh. "Extremely. The dumbest of the dumb if you will. We're dumb squared."

"Hey! What are you guys talking about?"

The two boys turned to face you. You had a teddy bear clutched under your arms. You looked tired but wore a smile on your face. It was absolutely adorable.

"Oh you know!" Satoru walked over to you and pulled you into a hug, "We had to pee."

Your voice was muffled by the fabric of Satoru's shirt, "In the kitchen?"

"We got lost."

Your laugh was music to Suguru's ears. If he had it his way, you would never stop.

You pulled back from Satoru and hugged your bear, "Okay. That makes a lot of sense I guess - despite the fact you've been here almost every day of your life. Are you guys going back to bed?"

Suguru shrugged his shoulders, "If you want we can. Why are you up?"

"Couldn't sleep." You pressed a kiss against your bear's head, "Honestly, I'm a little hungry."

Satoru laughed, "Yeah. I was honestly expecting that. You fell asleep before dinner." He wandered over to the kitchen counter, grabbing his keys, "I could go for some food too. Suguru?"