09. Lovely and deadly

Satoru was screaming.

In his head at least. He never, ever made a sound out loud. You were going to kill him when you woke up and found him missing. But hopefully Suguru would be enough to keep you in the house. Enough to stop you from looking for him.

But if you did, it was obvious where you would look first. Jujutsu High.

The higher ups were supposed to be there. Deep down, Satoru knew they wouldn't. They weren't stupid. They were powerful people. And powerful people tended to make enemies - whether intentionally or not.

So no, he didn't go to the school. He went to the heart of downtown. There was only one other place these freaks would gather.

The top level of the Tokyo tower just happened to be closed. And there was almost no doubt in his mind that they would be gathering there. So that's why Satoru was crushed between two yapping people eager to discuss their plans for the day.

It only took a few polite nods and strategically (random) placed grunts of understanding and he got by without having to properly engage. The absolute last thing he wanted to do was converse with train commuters. He didn't care about them. Only what he had to get done.

-♡-

He got off at his station midway through some girl talking to him. He didn't say a word - nothing to even acknowledge she was talking to him. He didn't care about her.

Akabanebashi Station.

He could see the tower ahead. And his feet began to move, dragging his body along. This all felt so surreal. Satoru didn't feel like he was there. In fact, he felt like he was drifting away on a cloud.

Maybe if he drifted long enough, he would realize it was all a dream. That you were okay. That there wasn't danger lurking around every corner.

Stupid thoughts that he wouldn't give thought to.

But they did comfort him just enough that he wouldn't lose his mind. Yet.

-♡-

The walk didn't take him all that long. He was at the foot of the tower before he knew it. Staring up at the hulking structure above him.

There wasn't an extreme amount of things that made Satoru stop in his tracks and take a moment to stare. But apparently large buildings made it onto the list of things that impressed him into stopping.

If it had been any day - and for any other reason - Satoru would have truly given in. Stayed there as long as he could before moving on. But today wasn't that day for him. Today there were pressing matters for him to attend to.

Today, he was going to kill the higher ups.

-♡-

Satoru hadn't been inside the tower in a long, long time.

The last time he was there was for a middle school field trip where they . . . Nope. He hadn't a single clue what they had done on the trip. But whatever. It was all irrelevant now. He was no longer in middle school being a careless kid. Nope!

Now he was a teenager with responsibilities! Woo!

Aging really sucked.