CHAPTER TWO: MALL RATS

The next morning,

Sage meets up with Max at the mall early before Eleven was even awake so she wouldn't try and tag along with Mike. They make their way to scoops and see Dustin and Steve sitting at a booth.

"Mayfield, Hopper!" Steve beckons them over happily.

They sit with them and Dustin whispers what happened the night before.
"What? Just speak louder!" Steve demands.

"I intercepted a secret Russian communication!" Dustin yells catching everyone's attention.

"Jeez, shh. Yeah okay that's what I thought you said."
Max starts to laugh.

"Good luck with that guys. We'll catch you later okay?"

"It'll be your loss when we are American Heros!"
Dustin calls after them as they leave the mall laughing.

They make their way down to Max's home where they spend a while practicing their skating tricks.

"Wait till you see this."

Max boasts showing off a trick when her board freezes and flies down the street, they look up and see El standing there holding her skateboard.

"Bit Dramatic" Sage mutters.

"Hi." El says handing her board back.
"Can we talk?"

Max brings her inside, Sage lays on Max's bed while Eleven explains what happened when Mike rang her this morning.

"And then he said- he missed me, and then hung up."
"He's a piece of shit!"

Sage exclaims while Max nods pacing around the room.
"What?"

"He obviously has nothing to do today and his Nana isn't sick, I guarantee you him and Lucas are playing Atari now."

"But friends don't lie." El says making Sage scoff.

"Boyfriends lie!" The two girls snap.
"All the time."

Max sits on the other side of El and holds her shoulders.

"You're going to stop calling him, ignore his calls. As far as your concerned, he doesn't exist."
"Doesn't exist?"

"He treated you like garbage, now your going to. Give him a taste of his own medicine."
Max explains.

"And if he doesn't fix this- or explain himself, dump his ass."
Sage adds.

Eleven nods listening carefully.
"Come on."

Max grabs the hem of Sage's jacket and pulls her to her feet before grabbing El's hand.
"Where are we going?"

"To have some fun, not everything is about stupid boys you know."
"Max are you quoting me?" Sage asks smirking as they hop on the nearest bus.

They reach the mall and Eleven looks around the building.

"You come here? It's too many people, against the rules." El asks wide-eyed
Sage rolls her eyes.

"Seriously? You have super-powers. What's the worst that can happen?"
Max says smiling and dragging the sisters towards the entrance.

"What do you wanna do first?" Sage asks El.
"Let's just do everything." Max replies for her.

They rush off to shop for clothes, Max and Sage get sunglasses while Eleven tries on all kinds of outfits. She picks out the ones that feel like her.

They find her a black jumpsuit with colourful designs and her face lights up.
"You like that?" Max asks and she nods.

They pay and rush out of the store and down to get their photos taken, they do an entire photoshoot before going to try on high-heels- which they failed miserably at. As they're laughing they spot a group of girls rolling their eyes at them- Sage and Max exchange a look and they follow the group to the food court. They spot them talking to boys and drinking milkshakes so the sisters explode their drinks and they run away.

"I would kill for an ice-cream!" Sage exclaims so they make their way to scoops.

"Hey Harrington!" Max says happily as they order.

He raises his eyebrows as he hands them their ice-creams.

"Wait a second, Are you even supposed to be here?"

They burst out laughing and run out to catch their bus.

They hear a familiar whining voice and turn around. Mike, Will and Lucas.

"You've got to be shitting me."
The girls approach them.

"Isn't this is a nice surprise?"
Mike drops his bike staring at El.

"What are you doing here?"
"Shopping." El replies coldly.

"This is her new style, what do you think?"
Max asks.

"What's wrong with you? You know she's not allowed to be here!"

"Say  comes all the time and you never seem to have an issue, plus what is she your little pet?"

"Yeah, am I your pet?" El asks.
"No!"

"Then why do you treat me like garbage. You said your Nana was sick"
El snaps.

"She is, she's sick. That's why we're here- we're shopping for Nana."

"Lies"

Eleven steps towards him.

"You lie, why do you lie? I dump your ass."
Max and Sage gasp as they walk off to get their bus.

Sorry it's not very long but I just love writing about Sage, El and Max I love their trio so much. I'll do the next chapter asap!!
Ellie x
821 words x