22|france|

maeve pov.

it was about 2 am and i couldn't fall asleep. i'd been awake for a while after recieving a call from ronan. it went terribly, since it was a facetime when i answered it half awake with lando's back in the background.

he'd dismissed it at first before catching on the fact that it was lando.

thankfully, i'd had my volume turned down and lando didn't wake up to leigh and ronan freaking out.

i'd gotten out of bed and sat down by the window on pouffe while talking to them.

they were going to be flying in for maire's baby shower next week and there were a few things we had to discuss. normally, around midnight would be an acceptable time for me to take a call from them but not today. i was exhausted but i couldn't fall back asleep after it.

melanie had been awake and texted me that she won't make it out in the morning for a swim before we went on touring for the day. i doubt she was even in her own room right now. maybe i could go there?

so here i was, laying on the loveseat with my laptop on my lap, working on a creative project assessment for the new batch of interior design interns we'd be hiring in february. i had a promotion on the line and hopefully, by january i'd get to head the interiors department.

as much as i loved being an architect, i was in it for something more.

i'd decided that i'd go for a swim around 4 and be back before lando wakes up. i was procrastinating it since i didn't want to go alone but waiting until lando was awake was just as much of a bad idea.

it was pathetic, because i didn't know what to say to him. i wanted to talk, i loved talking to him.

i felt the attraction and to be fair, he'd grown to be a lot , lot more handsome over the past few years. it was undeniable and i absolutely couldn't comprehend the fact that a day is all it took for all of those drowned away feelings to return.

they'd been buried away, deep in my heart because well, out of sight out of mind. that worked with getting over ashton but not lando. no.

i pushed down my laptop screen a bit to look at him. he looked peaceful in his sleep and being 5 feet away right now was for the better or else i'd be tracing his moles.i chuckled at a memory, now missing niamh even more.

 niamh, as a kid had once managed to connect quite a few of them using a felt pen and it was adorable.

i sighed and got back to work, responding to one of liam's emails before sending him the end of year project report for my projects so far. i'd been working a lot faster tonight, possibly because of the can of cola i'd downed over the past hour.

"what are you doing?" i stopped typing and pulled my laptop screen back down, unsure if i'd imagined the voice.

lando, who was now awake was sitting on the bed and looking right at me. i could only make out his silhouette but i'd also left my lamp on so he could probably see me a little better than i could see him.

"um, working?"

"at, 3.37 in the morning?" he asked, checking his phone and i hummed. "inspiration strikes when it strikes." a line niamh often used on me when i'd wake up to see her writing away in her notebooks and unfavourable hours.