27|london|

maeve pov.

"can we please get this?" niamh asked me soon as she stepped out of the trial room in a grey plaid skort. it did suit her, really well. niamh and i had different styles, but we'd always found common ground on skirts and shoes.

after a long year of her borrowing and altering my clothes to fit her, i figured she's not going to get bored of them anytime soon it was time she had a few more of her own. i didn't wear my skirts quite as often the past few years and so i didn't mind getting their altered to fot her but i missed wearing them.

needless to say, we were out on a christmas shoping spree.

we'd only bought a few ornament items and small gifts for her friends, but her secret santa present for tristan was still due, and ofcourse, our own non gift shopping that was an impromptu decision since the collection at the mall was too good to give up.

"it does look really nice on you. you sure you want it, maybe checkout a different print maybe?" i asked as she turned around to see herself in the mirror. "no, this is nice. i  really like it" she said, asking me to take a picture to show lando. 

clothes shopping was always difficult, not only because clothes that fit well were tricky to find but there were times niamh wanted a second opinion from lando or melanie and we wouldn't be able to leave until he responded. to be fair, i used to do the same as a kid when i'd go out shopping with maire but i finally understand why it was so draining for her.

"niamh, he's probably working right now. he leave for abu dhabi in like 2 days" i tell her and she frowns. "yeah i know. and we'll be here, buried under a pile of worksheets because of 2 exams. two." she holds us two fingers , clearly annoyed that abu dhabi was a no go. she'd jumped up soon as lando asked her about it over call the other day but she was conflicted between us. 

she couldn't go without me and she didn't want to skip the race or her tests. i didn't even have to say it's because of her exams, she admitted it herself that maybe she didn't want to be outside of the garage.

soon as she made up her mind, she'd contemplate. lando had agreed to be there for her school event , which was two days before the fia awards. it was a risky time but he'd already made up his mind that he wanted to announce it to the public officially that niamh was his. 

i know he wanted to wait until we both, lando and i had our relation sorted out. he decided to not make any claims just yet about us but after a talk with niamh and marlyn together we did come to a conclusion that perhaps it was the right thing to do. marlyn, being the angel she is, had a sit down talk with niamh, in person yesterday explaining to her what things could change about her life and what wouldn't. 

the decision was still left to niamh and she'd agreed to it, but going to abu dhabi was still a decision that was unmade.

i hadn't spoken to lando for 3 days, since that night. we didn't end it quite fairly but that's what most of our fights were like. we'd blow up at eachother, both apologized and we moved on, or well tried to.

he was right, our communication was terrible lately but i couldn't help it. he'd been having a few amazing seasons and why would i ruin his healthy mindset by cribbing about my life. it's not like it's his fault.

nevertheless, i still didn't see abu dhabi as a good place for niamh.

"he said he'll call in a while." niamh said with a smile, passing my phone back to me. "great" i said softly, not too thrilled about it.