|london|

maeve pov.

i'd just got done packing up niahm's suitecase for her stay with her father when an alarm went off on my phone. "ah shit"  i looked out and it was raining. i had to go pick niahm up from her last ballet class for the month. it was also the last day of school a pretty long work day in general. i put on my shoes and coat before grabbing my keys and making my way down to the complex's parking lot. 

i got into my car and fixed my hair really quickly in the rear view mirror, checked for my wallet and phone before driving off. i knew it'd take me a little longer to get there since it was pouring, i could swear there were clear skies like 2 hours ago, one's gotta love london.

i pulled over into the lane of her ballet school and saw her waiting outside with 2 rather familiar faces. i honked my horn to get niamh's attention and she waved at me soon as she spot the car. she was wearing a pink hoodie, not the jacket i'd asked her to carry, thankfully isabella, her best friend per say, held an umbrella over their heads as they walked to the car. 

both the girls got into the back seat and ray waved a good bye to them from the tarp covered enterance of the building. "hello ms.clarke" bella said while niamh shuffled through the seats before finally sitting down. "hello bella, nia, what're you looking for?" i asked, furrowing my brows. "seatbelt? the buckle's gone" i unbuckled my seatbelt and turned around. "what? how'd that happen?" i pick up the broken buckle from the floor of the car. ouch. "sit in the middle of hop in on front now." i tell her and bella chuckles. "not even one day into summer and the adventures have already begun" she said enthusiastically as my daughter parkoured her way into the passenger seat beside me.

"sorry bells, took a minute. hey ma" she said to me and i chuckled, pulling down her hood. "you're going to get cold. next time please carry a rain jacket"

 "but i like this hoodie, it's pink and like the car wasn't too far mom. i wouldn't have been drenched enough to fall sick anyways" she says and i sigh. that's not the only reason she liked it. i'm going to have to inquire lando's team to make pink ln4 puffer jackets now. "bella, are you coming over for dinner?" i asked the girl in the backseat while my kid pulled up her drive playlist on my phone, connecting it to the aux.

"sadly gonna have to raincheck on that. mum texted me that she's made tacos so...sorry"  i hummed. "that's alright. we have the rest of the summer. you girls are still having your sleepover later right?" i asked and niamh nodded. "yeah, after we come back from monaco. i'm gonna be with dad" she exclaims to herself, cupping her mouth with both of her hands making me chuckle. "ouch nia, do you want to get away from london that bad?" she shrugs. "the weather is better there" she says and bella agrees from the back seat. "anywhere in the world has better weather than england." she said. 

"what are you doing for the summer?" i asked bella, while we stopped at a red light. "going to amsterdam for a couple weeks to meet grandma and then just, being here" niamh turned around. "isn't tristan going to amsterdam too?" she asked and bella looked at her surprised. "i'm not sure?" "he's going for that music thing with his brother-some festival no?" niamh asks and bella gasps. "you're right! my cousins go every year too." "tristan?" i asked and niamh nodded.

tristan and belle had been niamh's closest friends to say. tristan had just joined in the beginning of 6th grade, having recently moved to slough as to what i know. bella and niamh have essentially been friends since they were in nappies. isabella's family used to live in the same housing society as us until two years when they moved a couple sectors away. isabella's mother basically raised niamh in a way, while i used to be at university, she used to look after niamh. since pre-schoo, their pick up and drop from school used to be a shared duty between her parents and me and we still did it, though it was quite the detour now since the lane from school was right in the middle but nevertheless, we couldn't possibly seperate these two.