The Mage Chap 12

"Lucas.. You have to eat. I know you don't want anyone near you right now but hun.. You are still running a fever. I.. I'm worried." Katherine spoke but I didn't move from my position before. I was still hugging my knees, I had my face hidden between my chest and my arms. Even my hair didn't leave any of my face visible to them. I didn't cry.. I am calmer now though.

Sig was sitting down on the floor, leaning by the edge of the bed and facing the door. He remain as a human he probably knew that his wolf is more aware of my order that his human shift. He didn't want to hurt Katherine, his wolf might.

"Kathy? How is he?"

"Still nothing. Sig won't even let me near him."

"It's his wish.."

"But.."

"Come here." I heard the door open and closed along with Katherine and James' footsteps.

"Katherine is crying, Lucas. So were you. I want to comfort you. Hold you. So does Katherine and James but you're pushing us away." You don't know how it feels Sig. No one will ever understand.

"You've been shutting us off for the past 3 hours. Lucas please." His voice was a bit shaky.. Why does he sound so pained now? I lift my head and when I look up he was floating in front of me in his human form. He sat down but with a careful distance.

"I didn't cry." I said.

"There's no tears but you were." How does that even makes sense?! How did I come to understand what he meant? I laughed dryly, bowing back my head with my fingers shakily threading through my unruly hair.

"Such a silly dream that was."

"It was not if it made you this upset." He reach out but he stopped before he did. He look down at his clench hand as a scowl form through his once impassive expression.

I'm sorry Sig..

"Maybe I was not used to it but I could try and learn to accept it." He look up at me bemusedly. "Here." I offered my hand and his eyes widened with hope.

"I.. I can't touch you.." He said.

"I am voiding my orders." When I said that he didn't just take my hand.. He pulled me and I landed in his arms.

"Lucas.. I'm so sorry I couldn't take your pain away but please let me even just to comfort you." I smiled and blink back these stupid tears that I wouldn't dare fall. I relax in his arms, inhaling grass and meadow.

"I'm sorry I did that but first." I push him off and he whimpered like a dog with his ears pinned back and golden eyes big wide but it wont work because he's human now. "You can cuddle me anytime just bring me food, I'm starved!" I said and he grin at me. With a big nod he hugged me and jump off the bed disappearing from the room. I sighed and lie back thinking of that dream. Not even Rick hold me.. But now.. I have someone.. I just have to learn to accept that.

"Lucas?!" I was outside the balcony smoking when Sig went in my room. In this case, James' guest room.

"Out here!" I called and he pushed open the sliding door with a deep growl in his throat. He sniffed and I watched as his golden eyes glowered at me.

"Quit smoking." Wow. My Sig just ordered me. I snickered and suck in, feeling the smoke come out of my nostrils. I almost cough. I would if I was not so used to it. Sig stomp his feet, enclosing the distance between us, he grab the bud off my lips and threw it. I finished the stick anyway so it didn't bothered me.

"Get in. I brought you food."

"You're now ordering me around huh?" I was really too much of a coward. I said I would let Sig hold me and push me pass the darkness I buried my self in.. but it was not that easy. I was push further back and hid all of it with a impenetrable mask.

"Please.." He looked so pain as if he can see right though me. I don't think so..

"I'll go."

"Hun, how are you feeling?" I yawn and eyed Katherine who's making dinner. I wanted to go back in my apartment but she insisted for me to stay for dinner. Sig was helping her with the cooking. His brows furrowing as he focus on his task at hand. Sig really enjoys this. Maybe I could do him a favor.. making me search my mind through those level 10 spells in the Moonlight book. I remembered one specific spell.. just for Sig. I smiled in my head but my face showed nothing. I was a certified coward. I can't keep on running away.. but that's all I know.

"Good. I was being a baby back there. I apologize. Nightmares can do those to me." I smirked but she was not amused. Rather she always seemed concern when it comes to me. I sighed through my nose and straighten my back.

"So what's for dinner?" I tried changing the topic and put up a façade but I guess that was not enough to convinced Katherine..

"You don't look fine to me. Are you sure, lucas?" ..or James who just came by the kitchen with the same look Katherine is giving me. I nod but he didn't seemed convince. I wouldn't be. I could definitely see my self at my pathetic act.