The Mage Chap 19

So let's summarize my life..

I was born in a shattered family. I found out I am some kind of Harry Potter when I was 13. Then I made a pet made of smoke, who turned into an idiotic Dog who'll kiss me when I command something.. okay.. and that's not the weird part. I.. well I was a reincarnation of some Mage couple's baby. Okay..

Where am I?

"Lucas!" I jumped. "Ow!" I rubbed my head. Right I was in school. Sleeping. The owner of this school slash my teacher and A.K.A my father from my previous life hit me with his book and it woke me up. That hurt! Tsk.

"Good to finally get your attention, Lucas." James expression was as impassive as before but his eyes were bright... too bright that's it's blinding my just woken up eyes. Ugh.. I squinted and drop my chin on my palm.

James and Katherine..

Huh.. I still can't believe that they were.. are.. my parents.

James packed all my things from my apartment. William drove us all back to James' house. I was squished between Mommy and Daddy and loving it!--Not.

Fine I was happy.. the happiest I was ever been but.. it's just..

It seemed too good to be true..

It seemed too good to be true?

I felt the hair behind my neck stood.

I didn't let James notice my reaction.. he just seemed engrossed with what he was now writing on the board. While I felt that chill again. Someone spoke.. I heard it..

Who?

I felt Sig move under my table. He is in his wolf form. The larger form he now got barely fit under my desk. He is asleep alright. I guess he didn't heard that voice that mimicked me. I glance out the window when I saw a shadow passed by.

Lucas.

I felt that shiver again now it passed through my whole spine not just my nape.

That voice was deep..

Scary.

"Lucas?" A pair of golden eyes startled me. Sig was in human form, standing in front of me. Eyeing me with concern filled eyes.

The class ended and I didn't even notice.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. Fine.. Never better." I eyed the window again.

"Son?" I look up at James then he felt my forehead.

"You suddenly look pale. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." James looked at me. He just stared at me. Wearing that bothersome impassive look. Tsk.

"I said I'm fine. It was just some hangover from last week." What I meant with hangover, it's not from alcohol but from using that level 10 spell that made me puke blood, hurts like shit.

"Lucas, try to tell me if you feel something. I just think you're lying." James said and Sig nodded behind him. Stupid dog. Whose side are you on?! I lost my frown when James push my fringe back and felt my forehead again. I look up at him and he smiled so bright.. it was not like the James I knew before..

"You feel fine, so I guess it's alright. But if you ever feel anything--"

"I get it.." I interrupted him. He sighed and ruffled my fringe.

"Go, you have your next class right?" He turn to Sig and I rolled my eyes.

"Sig-"

"I will never leave his side and if anything happens, I'll do anything for my master." I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow at them.