8. Favourite scent

MADHU'S POV

"This solvent acts as a mobile phase. The solvent rises up to paper by capillary action."

"And no -"

BELL RINGS

My half-awakened self was woken up completely when I saw the student getting up from their seat.

"Are we done?" I asked, supressing a yawn.

"Finallyyyyy," groaned Tanya as she got up.

"That was so boring, I almost died," complained Tanya. I packed the books and looked beside her to find a deeply focused Mina. She circled some equations and was extremely focused.

"Aye, nerd!" mocked Tanya as she kicked Mina's leg under the table. She gave a glare and got up.

"You seem to be very interested in this topic," I said, looking at Mina as we walked out of the class.

"Oh yes, I love chemistry, and I was dying to study the purification of organic com-"

"Shut.your.lips," threatened Tanya as she pulled out her pen, pointing it towards Mina as if she were going to stab her.

"Oh, please, it's actually interesting," Mina said.

"It's the most boring thing ever," argued Tanya. They both went back and forth as we walked towards the cafeteria. It was break time.

"What would you like to have?" asked Mina, turning towards me.

"Hmm, I'm not really hungry," I mumbled, feeling a bit awkward. 

"You have to eat something. The next class is with Mr. Output; if you fall asleep in his class, he will end you," Tanya said, fear showing in her eyes.

"Mr. Output?" I asked.

"That's a name we gave to him. He always says, You need to give maximum output in your work," explained Mina as I nodded in understanding.

"HEYY GUYSS!" I heard the same loud screech. The three of us turned around and saw Mannat run towards us.

She stopped in front of us, slouching forward. She huffed, catching her breath.

"Did you fight a war or what?" asked Mina, giving the huffing girl, side eye.

"Be nice!" the shorter one scolded.

"Do you guys know where that rascal is?" She asked between her pants.

"Who?" 

"Ekansha," grunted Mannat as I felt my blood boil.

That's so rude!

How can she call my Ekansha a rascal?

I looked at her, throwing mental daggers as she stood straight.

"That little rascal bunked second period and left me alone to take the test," she snarled.

I swear to God, if she says the word "rascal" more, I'll shove my foot up her ass...

"Why are you calling her a rascal? Isn't it quite rude?" I asked. She looked around, getting caught off guard. She chuckled and said,.

"Don't worry, we are really close, so I can call her that," she answered, as I was still suspicious of her.

"Trust me, Madhu, rascal is much better than some of the things she calls her," whispered Tanya as she shivered, looking up as she went down memory lane.

Mannat's face turned red, and as she laughed awkwardly, I felt like my blood was going to boil and evaporate.

The laughter was cut short when Mannat's phone rang.

"We are near the cafeteria, where are-......oh yes, she is with us, but where are you?" 

She looked at her phone in disbelief as she scoffed. Putting her phone back in her purse, she said,

"Sometimes I really want to commit murder." 

"Same," added Mina as me and Tanya looked at both of them in disbelief.

"Who was it?" asked Tanya.

"Who else, Ms. Vice President of the Student Council?" mocked Mannat as folder her arms. 

My heart beat rose when I realised it was her, but then dropped when I realised that she did not call me.