11. Interogation

THE NEXT DAY

MADHUS POV

Okay, you can do this!

I internally motivated myself as I made my way out. I walked towards the living room and looked around to see if she was there.

Nope, she's probably out already.

I slowly walked to the kitchen and filled my water bottle. I successfully avoided her yesterday, but I have to go to college, and for that, we have to ride together.

I can do this!

Once I was done with filling the bottle, I walked out. I saw the car parked in front. I opened the door and sat as I heard her say,

"Good morningg,"

"Good morning," I responded, taking a look at her, and my eyes almost came out. She wore the usual white shirt and black pants, but her hair was tied to a ponytail......the hickey was visible in its full glory.

I gulped as I looked in the other direction.

Whyyyyy?

Everyone will see thattttt!

I bite my tounge as I mentally cried. Does she not know I gave it?

Wait!

If I don't know about it, then should I ask her?

Wait, what?

"What happened, Sona?" she questioned suddenly.

I looked at her, my eyes falling right at the bite mark.

"Huh?"

"You would usually rant about how you don't have enough assessments and marks. Why not today?" She said, eyes on the road.

"Ahh, that....um..I...actually do-" My words got cut off when she slightly stretched her neck to the side, I felt my heart almost beat out.

"Hmm?" She murmured as I gulped again.

"Ah..yeah..I....have no credits and, um, the grades... it," I stumbled on my words. She looks too good today, or is it the fact that I can't think straight? I don't know.

"Are you still drunk?" She asked as I blinked nervously.

"Ha... no, why?" I asked.

"You seem to be a bit slow today," she said as I pressed my lips into a firm line.

God, what should I do?

"It's okay, just listen to the song," she said, and that was the end of the conversation.

The ride became quiet, and after an hour of sitting around, we finally reached the destination.

Once the car was parked, we made our way towards the faculties. As we were strolling, I saw Muskan and Tanya come towards us.

"Heyyy girls, how are we feeling?" asked Muskan as she put her arms around my shoulder.

"I'm doing great!" She chirped at Ekansha as she crossed her arms, and Tanya agreed.

"Wassup guys!"

I looked at the direction of the sound and saw Naveen and Raghav.

"Sup!" said Ekansha as she dabbed Raghav.

Why does she act like a middle school boy.

I smiled at Naveen as he did the same. The conversation began as we all talked about random things. It was going alright, but then Muskan asked,